Twenty-Four

"Wake up fuckers", ash said as she walked into each room to wake the children up.

"What a warm welcome I get at 9am, wow thanks", Halsey replied in an extremely sarcastic tone

"Love you too", ash replied sassily.

"Meet in the cafeteria hall by 10 for breakfast and day plans"

-
They all arrived in the plain and boring dining hall with their significant other, most people dressed rather ironically for a camping trip. Skinny jeans, old doc martens, a t shirt, a jacket around the waist, and some sort of hat.

They all made pancakes together with was quite an experience.

"Fuck I can't cook", Mike said as he spilled pancake batter on his boyfriend's shirt.

"I still love you", Tony said kissing Mike on the cheek.

"Ashley, Lynn, Taylor, and Taylor are clearly the only ones who know what the hell they're doing", Nate said

Everyone nodded in agreement.

As they sat down to actually eat their food Taylor announced they'd be hiking for the day and they were tent camping for the night, and yes there's port-o-pottys everywhere so calm your face.

They packed up backpacks with probably essential things like food, extra clothes, water, pillows and blankets, and none other than their phones. Mel and ash were the first ones out as usual and texted their friends back home. It was going to be a long day.

Taylor said they had two big tents the groups would be split by and they brought food and campfire materials. They began the trail to the top of the mountain.

"Why does this take so much effort", Max complained.

"Want me to carry you", hoodie said.

"Please" Max said.

Hoodie picked up his boyfriend and ended up carrying him bridal style for a good mile of the trail.

The group stopped for lunch and made grilled cheese at the first campfire of the day. They sang Taylor's classic song "out of the woods" and most people's phones were dead and they were more than complaining.

"You know, not having your phone and enjoying nature with your friends isn't so bad now, isn't it", Jenna said.

Most people were nodding right as Jack said "hahahahaha motherfuckers I have a backup battery"

"S M H", Jenna yelled.

The group walked until around 7pm when they made smores for dinner and set up the two massive tents. By then the weather was about 50 degrees and the sunset was a beautiful shade of purple fading into a deep pastel pink, with the sun on the horizon and a few clouds just barely covering it up. You could see the other mountains and they were just slightly snow-topped, even the one they were on, even in July.

All of them passed out almost immediately because face it, a whole day of walking is too much exercise.