The Journey - Part Three

Meagan POV

~~~~~~~~~

Meagan saw her father happily clamping Jon's shoulder with his giant hand, laughing with a certain joy that she hadn't quite seen before.

She smiled wide at the sight and smiled wider when she saw Jon making his way towards her with- wait, was that a ring? it definitely LOOKED like ring. Her smile went from wide with innocent joy to small with surprise, all the while her partners just kept growing and growing.

"Jon what are yo-" she was cut off by Jon as he dropped to one knee. Her eyebrows shot up and her heart couldn't contain all the love and happiness filling and consuming it.

"My lady Meagan, Will you be my wife?" Jon proclaimed with a wide smile and tears of happiness filled Meagan's eyes as she shouted "YES! Seven hells, Jon Snow, what took you so long to ask?" all that was gained as a reply was a booming laugh and a small show of her fiance scrambling up off of the ground and slipping the gold band on her small fingers. The smile she projected threatened to split her cheeks and the feelings she held threatened to stop her heart from beating.

SKIP FORWARD TO LE NEXT DAY

BECCA POV

~~~~~~~~~

"Benjen bloody Stark, get your arse over here. Like now." I demanded, shivering and looking at him across the fire.

"Becca, we should remain careful"

"Careful my ass, its only us and Meagan and Jon, we split up from everyone else yesterday evening and I have no intentions of having another night of freezing my ass off alone." I growled, getting to my feet with my blankets, walking around, and plonking myself next to him. I heard him sigh, before wrapping warm arms around me.

Snuggling into him, I breathed in his scent quietly, nuzzling my nose into his neck.

"Thank you" I murmured sleepily, and felt his chest rumble as he chuckled.

"My pleasure" he mumbled, shifting slightly and pulling me slightly closer. After about ten minutes, he fell asleep. Two minutes later, so did I.

It wasn't Benjen's quick little stirs in his sleep that woke me up. It was the middle of the night, after hearing a low rumbling growl from Shadow, who had decided to come curl up against me sometime in the night. I was dimly aware of the fact I had moved in my sleep, turning so Benjen was spooning me, and had an arm slung loosely over my direwolf.

"What's wrong, girl?" I mumbled sleepily. Still growling, she got to yer feet, before stalking into the forest. I raised an eyebrow, looking back at Benjen, who remained asleep, before getting up and following her sleepily.

After two minutes of walking, I couldn't see her anymore. I sighed, looking around.

"Shadow?" I called, even tried whistling, but no response. I was about to turn to go back to the camp, when I felt the cool sensation of sharpened steel against my throat.

"Hello, wolf Bitch" I heard Gregory Quinn's unmistakably nasal voice drone in my ear.

"Quinn" I growled, careful of the knife against my neck.

"Well done" he chuckled.

"Did you really think you could make a fool out of me and not pay for it?" he asked. I remained silent.

"May the gods strike me down before I am bested by a sickly whore" he growled, and took the knife away, shoving me to the ground. I turned over to look up at him. And saw him draw his sword. My eyes widened ever so slightly, as I realised I was probably going to die.

"Any last words?" he sneered, and I nodded.

"I accept the coming of Death like the coming of Winter" I replied, keeping my chin high, closing my eyes, forcing myself to remain composed, and waiting for the sword to fall. I refused to let the tears fall.

"Aye, but neither are coming this night" I heard someone growl, and heard the unmistakable clang of metal on metal. Opening my eyes, I saw Benjen, his sword smashing against Quinn's as they fought. I knelt in shock, eyes following every move the pair made.

Benjen was strong, and good with a sword, but Quinn was faster, parrying many of the other man's blows. Within a few horrible minutes, I watched as Benjen made a fatal miscalculation with his balance.

"No!" I screamed, scrambling to my feet as Quinn raised his sword. I was just managing to run towards him, when his sword swung downwards, and everything seemed to slow down.

I watched the fear on Benjen's face as he tried to rise to his feet. I heard Quinn laugh as his blade flew towards my love.

I heard his scream as Shadow burst through the treeline, leaping, and seizing the knight's shoulder in her jaws, knocking him to the ground and tearing into him with a flurry of growls and snarls. I felt Benjen's arms wrap around me and pull me closer as we watched in shock.

His screams died away, and Shadow turned to face us, padding closer as she licked her dark bloodstained muzzle. She looked dangerous, but that didn't stop me from breaking free from Benjen's arms to run to her. I wrapped my arms around her neck, sinking to my knees as I cried in relief, and felt her sniffle slightly, licking at my hair.

"Thank you" I whispered over and over into her dark fur, "thank you, thank you".

A/N

Hey guys. :) sorry its so short (and it really is) but I really wanted to get these two scenes out of my head and onto your screens before we continued. Also, my biggest thanks to the Real Meagan, for essentially booting me up the arse/helping me fend off the writers block, as well as writing about 45% of this chapter. :)