The Journey - Part One

A/N What's this? A chapter within a chapter? Good god it's Chapterception! Okay so because the journey to the Wall is a Long Journey I'll split into two or three mini chapters. WARNING! Here be fluff of the Benjecca kind, and plenty of Silly!Jon. Because I love writing him as a twit. Once again many thanks to you wonderful people who read this and don't come burn my house down afterwards! And last but not least, I have a Challenge for you all! Tell me your favorite pairing (Benjecca or Jogan) in the comments below, and the winning couple (after a week) gets a oneshot crack!fic written about them in my Drabbles series! GO GO GO! :D

*************

We were almost ready to go early the next day, I just had to finish packing my things, and Benjen had to finish saying his goodbyes. Meagan helped me pack my thickest clothes into bags, before Jon walked in.

"Ready to go?" he asked, wrapping his arms around Meagan's waist from behind. I smirked at her as she turned bright pink, and put the box of medicine vials Maester Pycelle had sent into the last of five bags.

"We are now" I chuckled at the sweet couple. I'm surprised Meagan even felt Jon's arms, we were both wearing thick dresses and layers of wool and leather. Jon nodded, smiling slightly, and led us out into the courtyard where the horses and cart stood. Jon helped a stable boy lift the bags onto the back of the cart, before helping Meagan up into her seat. Shadow and Ghost leapt up and lay behind them, curling up and falling asleep together. I chuckled. We had only just found out that Shadow was actually a girl, and she seemed to love being around Ghost. It was like he was her big brother, which I suppose he was.

I was just about to take a step over to Benjen when I felt a little figure collide with my left leg and cling on tight, shortly followed by another on my right. I looked down, and Arya and Rickon were wrapped around my legs and looking up at me, practically anchoring me to the ground.

"You didn't say goodbye!" Arya accused, and I grinned, managing to untangle myself enough to crouch next to them and hug them tight.

"Why say goodbye when I'll be back soon anyway?" I asked. Rickon giggled, abduction hugged me tightly before standing back. Arya seemed a little more subdued. "Can I visit you?" she asked, seeming slightly worried. I paused, finally working it out. Arya was going with Sansa, Father and our Septa to Kings Landing. I gave her an extra squeeze.

"I'll be back at Winterfell before the month is out. I'll make sure to visit you, how about that?" I reassured her, and we stood up together.

"Now, lets get you up on the cart. You can ride with us until the crossroads." I said, helping her up before moving to one of the horses that weren't strapped to anything. I snorted.

"Like I'm going to sit pretty on the cart and get bumped seven shades of black and blue. You know I hate those bloody things"

He rolled his eyes, and didn't argue, instead moving over to me, putting his hands to my waist and smoothly lifting me into the saddle. I couldn't help but giggle. I'd forgotten how strong he was. He climbed up onto the cart seat and took the reins. With a click, the royal procession moved forwards out of Winterfell, and with a chuck of reins, we followed. I waved to Robb and Theon and our mother as we departed.

We had been riding for about an hour chattering happily when the procession was called to a halt. A member of the Kingsguard (and the Queen's brother) Jaime Lannister leaned in to towards the carriage, nodding slightly before turning his horse and trotting up to us.

"Lady Rebecca"

I bowed my head slightly.

"Ser Jaime"

"The King wishes to speak with you while we stop for a few hours." I nodded, and he turned back around, dismounting his horse and helping Her Grace out of the carriage. She was shortly followed by the smaller children, then the little shit and finally the King himself, who was grumbling loudly about carriages in general. I passed along what Ser Jaime had said, before dismounting and going to follow the King. A member of his Kingsguard tried to stop me from coming too close, and I rolled my eyes.

"Ser, when I was small this man carried me around on his shoulders. Out the way."

I heard Robert snicker from where he was standing behind the knight.

"You heard the girl. Shift yer arse and go do something useful!"

The knight walked away, clearly not happy, but to be completely honest I didn't give a shit.

"Your Grace" I curtseyed slightly, "Ser Jaime said you wanted to see me?"

"Ser Jaime" he snorted, "a bloody prat if ever I saw one. Come. have a seat. Your father will be here in a minute." he gestured to a small table some servants had somehow managed to set up on the grass within the ridiculously short time. We sat down, and he looked at me.

"Right. I have a favor to ask of you, girl." he said gruffly. I raised an eyebrow.

"I'm more inclined to help if you don't refer to me as 'girl'" I retorted, and he chuckled.

"I had a feeling you'd say that. Anyway. Bloody Cersei, interfering wench that she is, insisted I swear a certain Ser Gregory Quinn as a member of my Kingsguard. He's a cocky bastard, more than once have I heard him badmouthing me when he thinks I can't hear him. He bitches on about how he's a better swordmaster than anyone else, too."

"What do you expect me to do about it, your Grace?" I asked.

"Beat him. Challenge him to single.combat, and kick his arse!" the portly king grinned, and I rolled my eyes.

"I can't beat a knight, Robert" I said, talking seriously to him. He scoffed.

"I've seen you spar with your brothers, and your father. I know you're tougher than you look." he said. I looked nervously around, then grinned back at him.

"What's in it for me?" I asked.

He chuckled deeply, considering a moment, before pulling a small bundle of cloth from under his cloak.

"I had a feeling you'd want a reward, so before I left Kings Landing I had this made out of an old Targaryen dagger. Valyrian steel. Obviously" he said, unfolding the cloth to reveal the dagger from my dreams, complete with the wolf head carved in dark wood at the top of the handle.

"I had the handle remade. Bloody dragons" he growled, as I picked it up and carefully slid it from the dark leather and silver sheath. This was definitely the dagger from Bran and I's shared dream. It had to be a sign.

"I'll do it" I said quietly.

A/N

Becca is gonna get herself killed one of these days.... *facepalms*