The Fall

"Gods it's been too long since my last walk through here." I sighed happily.

"Well technically you aren't really walking..."

"Shush you" I chuckled at Meagan, and chucked the reins of the pretty chestnut mare, Tersa, lightly. Meagan was on her own gray mare, Dandi, as we rode together through the Godswood. We were just coming up towards the river when I heard the light clip clopping of separate hooves. We both turned to see my brothers and Theon ride up. Jon at the sight of Meagan went from shooting witty remarks at our elder brother to suddenly finding the back of his mount's head VERY interesting. Meagan just went an interesting shade of pink. I rode up just next to her and leaned towards her ear.

"Jeez Meagan, you haven't even slept with him yet. Why so shy?" I grinned evilly and moved away before she could either hit me or stab me with the small dagger I knew she kept on her. She glared at me anyway.

"Where's YOUR lover then? I haven't seen him since this morning" she suddenly said triumphantly. And loudly to my annoyance. I had made the mistake of telling her about my crush on Benjen. This seemed an appropriate time for Theon to butt in with a grin as he whistled loudly.

"I'm right here!" he grinned, and I mimed vomiting. Robb and Jon snorted in amusement when Theon rode up to me and took my hand.

"But Lady Snow, my love for you is like a thousand roses!" he proclaimed with mock sincerity.

"Short-lived and prickly?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow. He rolled his eyes while everyone laughed., before trying here again."Without you, my life would be cold and pale."

"Is that why there's always snow around here?"

"God damnit woman I am TRYING to woo you here..." he grinned, trying not to laugh.

"Well you're not doing a terribly good job"

Apparently this was too much for Jon, because he was laughing so hard he fell neatly off his dark stallion and onto the cold hard ground, still laughing.

"Jon!" I yelled, and he looked up at me.

"This isn't easy for poor Theon. Give him a break! Normally the girls he goes after just get on with it then ask for their pay."

I smiled at Theon, blew a kiss, then Meagan and I rode away from my hysterically laughing brothers. A good thing too because I was feeling faint. I hadn't thought about it, but the past few days worth of activity had in fact been more than what I usually did in two weeks. No wonder my most recent attack had been bad. I made a mental note to ask Maester Luwin to make me more medicine, and continued on. The lightheadedness was getting worse, and the nausea wasn't helping. I swallowed, and called over my shoulder to Meagan, who was riding a little way behind.

"Go back and spend time with the others. I think I need to go straight to bed."

I heard her agree, then turn and trot away. The second she was out of earshot I broke my mare into a full canter, moving quickly back through the woods towards home. Unfortunately the gods didn't appear to favor me that day, and as my body started to shake and spasm, I slid smoothly out of the saddle and onto the cold, frosty ground. The last thing I saw before my vision went black was the horse continuing on without me.

______________________________

Lady Meagan Martell POV

___________________________

I headed back towards the three still chuckling men, then regretted it as Theon saw me first and grinned.

"Lady Martell! Ah, a pleasant sight for longing eyes. What do you say we leave these two Northerners and go get better acquainted?"