Forbidden

• Dedicated to All you wonderful people

"I knew it" Father grinned at us. Mother was too stunned to speak, just sat on the bed, her eyes constantly flicking to Benjen's hand intertwined with mine.
"A-Are you sure this is what you want?" she asked shakily. I nodded.
"Yes Mother. It's been one of my greatest wishes for a long time."

She nodded back at me, before looking at Benjen.

"If you hurt her..." she began in a dangerous voice, but was cut off by Father rolling his eyes at her.

"Relax, Cat. It's Benjen"

"She has a point, brother."

I looked at Benjen questioningly, raising an eyebrow. He looked back at me, before looking back at Father.

"I've got to be back at the Wall within a week. When I get back there, I don't know when I'm going to be able to visit again. I'm already overdue to take a trip over the Wall. It hurts to admit this, but I have to leave by tomorrow at the latest."

"We'll have the kitchens prepare you enough food to last the journey." Father said, nodding.

"I'll have Maester Luwin prepare me enough medicine to last me there and back." I added. Benjen looked at me as if I was nuts. I couldn't help but snort.

"You honestly thought I was just going to wave you off from the walls like every other time you've visited?" from the sheepish expression on his face that was EXACTLY what he thought. I rolled my eyes.

"You've just been in a coma for almost a week, Becca. Are you sure you want to make the journey? It's not an easy one."

Now it was Father's turn to roll his eyes.

"I don't remember you being this dense before I woke up." I frowned slightly, before feeling his forehead. "Are you coming down with a sickness?" I teased.

"She's right, brother. You don't look completely well" Father joined in with a twinkle in his eye. Mother elbowed him.

"Will you please behave?" she was trying to act annoyed, but both Father and I could see the fondness in her eyes as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders. Benjen rolled his eyes and gently took my hand from his forehead.

"Okay, okay, I get it. I'll send a raven to Jeor Mormont today."

"What will you tell him?" Mother asked quietly. We all looked at her, and she looked up from her lap.

"Benjen, you are a Night's Watchman. And as a night's watchman you have certain... vows that may present a problem."

Benjen nodded. "I will tell them she is my neice. They don't need to know the rest."

"And if you intend on marrying my daughter? What then?"

He sighed tiredly. "Lets  cross that bridge when we come to it, Catelyn." I squeezed his hand, smiling sympathetically at him as my mother and father stood to leave. Just as his hand reached the door handle, Father looked at me.

"I'm sorry"

"for what?"

"this." he grinned, and opened the door. No sooner had it been open three seconds, my siblings came racing in, first Rickon, then Arya, then Sansa, Robb and Jon, who was hand in hand with Meagan. They were all followed by their direwolves. I laughed happily as they piled onto their usual spots on the bed, frowning slightly when I noted Bran's absence. I looked at Robb, and he mouthed 'bed' at me. I nodded, and instead turned to the incessant questions and babbling of my younger brothers and sisters.

"Was it scary?" Arya asked. I shrugged at her.

"It was only an extra long dream, really."

"Did you die?" Rickon asked.

"Do I look dead?" I teased. He looked at me seriously for a moment, before shaking his head with a little smile.

"Oh Becca the most AWFUL thing happened to Joffrey the night Benjen brought you back!" I suppresed a groan, and looked at Sansa. She continued,

"He was in the gardens late, and got scratched by a horrible rose bush! There's a  cut on the back of his hand now!" she exclaimed. Was it just me, or I just hear Benjen snicker? I looked at him for a moment, before answering Sansa.

"I'm sure it'll heal soon" I patted her hand with my free one. We chattered happily for about an hour or so before Benjen stood up from his chair. I looked up at him.

"I'd better go pack my things and make sure everything's going to be ready for tomorrow." he sead, leaning down to kiss my cheek.

"I love you" he whispered in my ear, and I smiled, turning a little pink. The minute he left the room, closing the door behind him, I had Meagan practically throw herself into his seat next to me.

"Tell. Me. EVERYTHING" she demanded. I laughed, then looked at Jon meaningfully.

"You first" I challenged with a grin. Faster than anything, Arya actually LEAPT from the bed and ran out the room, followed by Nymeria. Meagan shot me a confused look. I shrugged.

"She hates romance"

"Wait there's going to be romance?" And out the door went Robb.

"Sansa, could you carry a message to Maester Pycelle for me?" I asked, writing down the particulars of my trip on some spare parchment, folding it and handing it to her. She nodded, and left, shortly followed by Rickon, who wanted to go see Maester Pycelle for fun. It was just Me, Jon and Meagan now.

++++++++++++++++++++

Benjen returned to my room just as I finished telling Meagan and Jon about Benjen and I confessing our feelings, and chuckled, sitting next to me on the bed and taking my hand. I shot an epic death glare at Meagan who looked about ready to 'awwww' Winterfell to the ground. She made do with crinkling her face up in an expression that looked kind of painful. Even Jon looked concerned.

"So what's the plans? Heard you two were accompanying he royal procession back to Kings Landing."

"Nope"

"Becca's decided to come with me to the Wall, then return later to Winterfell." Benjen explained.

There was silence for a minute, before Jon spoke.

"Becca?"

"Yes?"

"Are you insane?"

I chuckled, and looked at Meagan. "Eloquent, isn't he? Hope you know you're stuck with that now" I grinned at her, and narrowly avoided the thrown pillow, which flew gracefully into the surprised face of Benjen. Which of course led to me laughing my butt off. Which lead to Benjen batting me affectionately with the pillow. And then I threw it back at him, and it hit Jon. And then he threw it at me, and it escalated into one of the best pillow fights I have ever had. It ended with Meagan and Jon legging it out the door, a well aimed pillow from Benjen cuffing Jon on the back of the head just before he made it out into the hallway.

During the ruckus Benjen had ended up sprawled half-on, half-off the massive bed on his back. His hair was in his eyes and he looked utterly ridiculous with half his torso hanging off the edge of the bed. Trying to stop laughing, I leaned over, grabbed his shoulders and did my best to tug him back on. He was grinning like an idiot as he looked up at me, and raised a hand to his shoulder to hold mine. I sighed fondly at him, and brushed a bit of messy hair out of his eyes.

"What am I going to do with you, you big child?" I chuckled at him. He shrugged, grinning lazily, before hauling himself up to his feet with a groan. I watched him stand, my fingers intertwined with his.

"I need to go see a couple of men. I commissioned a new sword and a new cloak for Jeor." he said, cracking his neck. I raised an eyebrow.
"Jeor's sword has been getting more worse for wear with every passing month, and i'm pretty sure I saw a hole in his cloak last month." he explained,
 "So I decided while I was here I'd see about getting him a new one"

"I certainly don't begrudge him the steel, or the fur, but he's Lord Commander of the Night's Watch. Surely he can just have someone make him a new sword and cloak?"

Benjen shook his head. "The Wall is running out of resources, so he doesn't want to waste materials. And nobody seems to be able to even hold a needle, let alone use one."

I rolled my eyes. "And still women aren't allowed to join the Night's Watch." I teased. Benjen chuckled at me, before leaning down to gently press his lips against mine. I was all for deepening the kiss, but Benjen pulled away before I could do anything about it except pout. Which I did brilliantly, I will have you know. He rolled his eyes fondly at my stuck out bottom lip, and left the room. I lay back in the bed and fell asleep.