14

Khia

"Thanks for picking me up Layla."

"No problem girl, how long you plan on staying."

"I don't know. Im world wide now. It's hard to get out without being noticed."

"Where im taking you?"

"Ms.Gladys house."

"Khia. We can't go there."

"Why not."

She didn't answer she just sighed. "Layla. Why not?"

"Ms.Gladys had a heart attack at church. She had choir practice and Penny was with her and child services came. They couldn't get in touch with who the parents were."

"What the hell Layla. Where's my baby?!"

"I- I don't know. I tried everything before I came to get you. I really did because my name is on the birth certificate as a god mother I thought I could get her but I- I guess I was too late."

I broke down in tears while Layla tried to confort me.

"I'll just take you to my house."

I nodded while I cried hard into my hands. When we pulled to Layla house I saw two cars and I wasn't really paying attention to who it might be.

I got all of my bags out of her trunk and rolled them in her house.

"Ma."

I looked up and saw Penny then you'd never believe who else. Keenon and Ms.Gladys.

I was in a state of shock. I thought she had a heart attack. I thought Penelope was in some foster home. And Keenon, I saw hurt in his eyes I didn't know how to come out and talk to anybody.

"Hey." I finally spoke.

"Hello Khia." Ms.Gladys reached out for a hug and I gave her one. Which was the best feeling in the world.

"We'll give you too some time." she took Penny and her and Layla left the room leaving the two of us standing in the middle of the room. I can't believe this, this whole thing was a set up.

"Can I ask you something?"

I nodded.

"Why?"

I sighed. "I- I don't know it was a stupid choice I made. Im sorry."

"Sorry? Sorry don't cut shit Khia. We been through so much and you go do this shit to me! Behind my back! Playing me like a fool infront of my fans, my label, my friends!"

I cringed at every word he spat at me. Then my eyes got watery.

"So what, you love this nigga now?! Huh cause if he loved you he wouldn't let you get on a plane and go across the country not knowing if you would come back."

"Keenon. I wanted to stop but he-"

"Save that shit!" he yelled at me and I hushed real quick, he put his hands together and closed his eyes.

"When we- whenever you decide to get back to New York we can finalize this."

"So your just gonna give up on us?"

"You did that a long time ago."

"Keenon I didn't give up! Alright and im sorry, It all started after the party.. we started texting but it only happened 4 times."

"4 times?! Damn 23 more times me and him will have ourself a competition. So the leaving, staying out long, the bruises and hickies that was from him?"

I nodded biting my lip.

"That's fucked up Khia. I told myself i'd never fuck with a girl so hard but when I met you I actually fell in love, you changed my mind. What he doing isn't love that's lust. I never wanted you for that, this isn't the Khia I know."

I decided to put my pride aside and look him in his eyes standing really close to him.

"Keenon. Please look at me and tell me im the same girl you saw when you first met me, please? I know what I did  is fucked up I admit but we have a child what is she gonna think what about the public, if we just try agai-"

"I love you Khia. You my first love, that's never gonna change. But can we please go home and think about this...please."

I looked at him like damn was it that easy what else I have to do. I slightly smiled.

"I love you too Keenon."