Chapter 20 - FINAL CHAPTER

I know this took forever, but here it is; the final chapter. thanks everyone for reading it!!! I hope you all enjoyed it. I tried to add something funny to this chapter, I hope you will perceive it that way haha... I've been asked to write a sequel for this, but I have no idea what it should be about, so give me some time to think.

meanwhile, I still have two other ongoing books. Contagious Chemistry which is set around humor mostly, and my current favorite Destination Unknown. they're both Vic-fics and I probably won't start anything until at least one of the two is finished, maybe both.

but anyways... let's get down to business!

--------------------

About half a year went by. And instead of working as a maid for another rich family, I opted for helping the less fortunate- people who could actually use the help and weren't getting enough of it. So I started working at an old people's home, cleaning, helping them bathe, keeping them entertained, all within reasonable hours.

Vic started working on the fields with two of my uncles, which he enjoyed doing. For someone who was raised in a rich environment, he sure didn't mind getting his hands dirty.

I did notice small changes in his behavior from time to time. Mostly he was happy, but I could tell, as time went on, that his smile didn't reach his eyes anymore. I kinda figured that it was because he was perhaps missing his family... but boy was I wrong.

"I just can't take it." Vic cried as he sat on our bed. He was almost hysterical by that point. "I thought that if I'd be with you that I'd be alright, but these thoughts won't leave my head. They're driving me crazy. I'm so sorry, Kell."

I sat down beside him and wrapped him up in my arms as he just cried. He said that he didn't want to die or anything like that; it was just his old thoughts driving him mad. Things he hadn't had the time to deal with plaguing his mind constantly and also giving him terrible nightmares.

That happened a few weeks back.

Now, I was standing here, outside of a hospital facility, waiting for Vic to come back out. No, he hadn't done anything to harm himself like he used to, he had actually gone in to talk to a therapist after his last breakdown. He had been attending regular appointments and was getting EMDR therapy treatment. It was said to be the best possible treatment for trauma and a built up negative thought process like his.

I always went to pick him up since usually after his sessions he needed a little time to become himself again. They really took a lot out of him.

After waiting for a good ten minutes or so, my brown-haired, tan-skinned beautiful boyfriend came walking out of the sliding doors of the hospital. A small smile formed on his lips when he spotted me, letting himself practically fall into my arms as I walked up to him.

"How did it go?" I gently asked him as I rubbed his back.

He slowly pulled away and yawned. "Fine." He said, then rubbing his eyes. "We're in phase three now." The whole treatment was divided into eight phases, the first few being the most emotionally straining since he had to talk about literally everything in there.

"Do you want to go home or go by my cousin's waffle place?"

Vic's smile widened just a little, but enough for me to catch the difference. "Waffles, please!" He said in an eager tone.

I smiled and grabbed his hand, lacing his fingers with mine, to which he responded immediately. "Are you sure you're up for it? You look tired, we could always go tomorrow."