Chapter 14

"How dare you disobey my rules!" Miss Vivian shrieked at me.

I was about to say something as Vic then stepped in front of me. "Mother, stop, please." He pleaded calmly. "It's not her fault, it's mine."

Uh no- it was clearly mine. It's not like he lured me into that room. I was supposed to be taking the blame for it, but I guess Vic just wasn't having it.

Miss Vivian huffed in disapproval and crossed her arms over her chest. "I don't care whose fault it is; she disrespected me. And you- you shouldn't be down here." She then barked at Vic.

He immediately deflated at her tone of voice. His shoulders fell and he blew out a deep, disappointed sigh as he stared at the ground.

"Mother, please don't send her away?" He then practically begged her as he finally looked up at her again. "I know that I'm a mess and a disappointment. I know you wish I was more like Mike- I've heard you say it- but I can be better."

His mother frowned at him, not much fazed by her son's words. Which honestly sparked a bit of anger inside of me. What kind of a mother was she anyway?

Vic sighed, sounding defeated. I even recognized his type of sighs by now- this one said that he basically just gave up. So I gently put my hand on his shoulder as I stood beside him. He looked at me with saddened eyes, so I tried giving him a bit of a reassuring smile.

"It's okay." I whispered, barely audible, but he seemed to have heard me anyway.

He looked up at his mother again, with a little more determination. "I know that you never believed what happened back then, but it's all true." He firmly told Miss Vivian. "And you putting me in that room—"

He then turned the inside of his arm upwards to show his mother the still healing, messy looking scars. "Is what caused me to do this."

Somehow Miss Vivian's posture softened a little as she looked down at Vic's damaged arm. She finally let her eyes roam all over him- the look on her face turning almost unreadable as she took him in.

"Maybe it's what you want, but- if it wasn't for her, I'd be dead." Vic then told her as he grabbed my hand and laced his fingers with mine. "She helped me and- I'm getting better."

Miss Vivian's brows furrowed as she looked at me for a moment and then back at her son. "You mean to tell me that this mere maid here helped you?"

"She's not just a maid, mother." Vic was quickly to defend, tightening his grip on my hand in the process. "She's also my friend and well... I love her."

My heart clenched as he spoke the words, an involuntary smile creeping across my face as I realized that it was the first time he'd said it. And maybe it wasn't directly to me, but he did say it.

Any normal mother would've caved and awwed by now. I knew my mother would have anyway. She wouldn't even begin to scold me about the fact that I had basically fallen for my boss's son. No instead, she'd probably laugh and tell me how much I'm like my sister. Which was basically true.

"Well I'll be needing to talk to your father about this." Was the only thing Miss Vivian really said, with little to no emotion. "Until then, I both want you out of my sight."

She waved at us dismissively, to which Vic quickly let go of my hand and practically ran out of the kitchen. I was afraid to make eye contact with Miss Vivian at this point in time, so I just looked down at the ground as I started walking.

She then grabbed me by the arm, making me come to an abrupt halt. "Thank you." Miss Vivian said to me, although it sounded more like a question.

I gave her a questioning look, but she didn't elaborate. Instead, she just let go of me and casually walked away.

I didn't really understand what just happened, but that didn't even matter right now. As usual, I was instantly worried about Vic and how this had probably worked on his emotions, so I quickly made my way upstairs.

I could hear faint whimpering coming from the familiar room as I arrived at the top of the stairs. It was somewhat of a relief knowing that he was still here at least.

I then walked into the room and spotted him lying on the bed, facing the wall as he sniffed and whimpered, clearly crying. Quietly, I then climbed onto the bed beside him and wrapped my arm around his torso, having him be the little spoon in this case.

Vic grabbed my hand and held it tightly in his while he cried for a few more minutes. When that slowly died down, I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"I'm not gonna let her se-send you away, Kell." Vic told me, his voice breaking occasionally. "I know I mi-might sound clingy and de-desperate, but I really can't live without you anymore. I-I'm sorry."

I held him closer to me, shushing him gently. "It's alright, Vic. Everything will be alright."

"You can't know that." He then stated, turning his head to me with a desperate look in his eyes. "You don't know what she's like. But if she sends you away, I'm going away with you."

I gave him a small smile and shook my head lightly, trying to tell him how that wouldn't be necessary. Of course I wasn't certain of my case at all, but I would do just about anything to make him feel better, even if it was only a little.

"I'm sure everything will be okay." I told him again.

A small whimper escaped Vic's throat as he looked at me with his sad tear-stained face. "Just- don't go."

"I won't. I'm right here with you."

--------------------

surprise, surprise, because what happens next is now up to you guys! should Vic's mom come around, let Kellianne stay and give Vic a chance... or should she fire Kellianne and let that lead to Vic running away?