15: Almost.

15: Almost.

JOCELYN'S P.O.V.-

"Hey, Lynnie!" a girl cried.

I looked over and grinned when I recognized her in the firelight. It was Carly, the sweetest girl on the coast. With her blonde bob cut, shining blue eyes and bubbly personality, she was a people person and other kids weren't shy around her. She brought the best out of people.

"Hey, Carly!" I replied, pulling out of Jack's arms that were wrapped around my waist to go join her.

She wagged her eyebrows, staring behind me. "Isn't Troy just looking delicioso over there?"

I laughed and glanced back at the shaggy blonde that was currently chugging down a beer. "I don't know what you see in that guy. Mike over there obviously has his eye on you, and he'd worship the feet you walk on if you'd just give him a chance."

Carly shrugged. "Eh, maybe last resort."

I laughed, punching her in the arm playfully. "Aw, your so mean!"

Giggling together, we went to grab a drink. I met up with Jack again after I made my rounds, and he guided me to the music speakers that were currently blasting a hip hop song I wasn't familiar with.

"May I have this dance?" he asked with a british lilt, bowing at me mockingly.

I laughed. "Eh, I can fit you in for a song."

Grinning, he grinded against me, and I immediately got lost in the music, smiling when Jack leaned down to kiss my neck. Arching into him, we danced for a couple more songs and then decided to call it a night.

That was one of the good things about Jack. He knew when to have fun, but was also responsible about the whole drinking and partying thing. That's why Blaze liked him so much, I guess.

When Jack walked me up my driveway, I hugged him and kissed him lingeringly before going inside the house. I went in quietly, knowing Emma and Blaze were having their movie night in the living room. I didn't want to disturb them, so I tip toed up the stairs, into my room.

I plopped onto the bed and closed my eyes. I was going back to school tomorrow. I groaned at the thought. Every weekend was amazing, but then we had to go to school after two days. School in California was as boring as school on the other side of the country. The only difference was that outside was beaches not woods.

Not wanting to be tired for the next morning, I went to sleep almost immediately, getting knocked out the minute my head hit the pillow.

~{$}~

"Oh my God, did you see him yet?"

"No, what happened?!"

"There's a really hot guy outside, and he's asking for Lynnie!"

"No way!"

I stopped in front of the two girls that were chatting. "Wait, what?"

They were freshmen, and getting the attention of a beautiful senior made their lips tighten annoyingly. I stepped closer to them, smiling to show them that I wasn't going to hurt them or harass them like the other seniors usually do.

"What do you mean a really hot guy outside asking for me?" I asked nicely, shifting my weight from one foot to the other as I tapped my foot.

One of the girls finally spoke to the floor. "I think it'd be easiest if you'd just go out to see for yourself."

Saying my thanks, I made my way to the entrance of the school, only to be blocked by a huge crowd of girls. When they wouldn't let me through, I groaned in frustration. I'd just have to check it out during lunch.