12: Loss Is Overcome.

12: Loss is Overcome.

CHRISTIAN'S P.O.V.-

Everything was so dark. I couldn't feel my fingers and my head felt like it was hit by a bulldozer. I opened my eyes slowly, and I saw a blur of colors. I grimaced, trying to focus, and finally got familiar shapes to form in my field of vision.

"Christian?" someone cried.

I looked toward the voice, still dazed.

But not enough to recognize that voice and a second later that face. Damn.

"What are you doing here, Jackie." I said, my voice flat. I felt disappointment. I was expecting someone else. Someone with big red curls and penetrating blue eyes.

"I have to make sure my boyfriend's okay!" she said, dropping onto the bed.

I bit back a cry of pain as I bounced up and down on the bed. Pain lashed through my head and my right leg. My abdomen wasn't feeling too hot either.

"I'm going to have to ask you to leave." a nurse said, coming in.

"But!" Jackie protested.

"Leave, Jackie." I ordered.

She pouted at me but left, waddling her huge ass out of the room.

"If you can, can you please not let her into my room again?" I asked the nurse.

She chucked. "I'll make sure I tell the front desk. What was her name?"

"Jackie Collins." I said disgustedly.

The nurse nodded and sat on the stool beside my bed. "How are you feeling, Mr. Anderson?"

"Not good." I admitted.

"Well, consider yourself lucky. You have four broken ribs, a slight concussion, and your leg snapped in two."

I laughed bitterly. "You call that lucky?"

The nurse shrugged. "Compared to what happened to your passenger.."

I suddenly sat up right, causing me to yell out in pain. After a couple short, painful breaths, the nurse gently eased me back down onto the bed.

"Calm down." she said.

"W-what happened to Jocelyn?" I whispered, scared to hear what the nurse said next.

"She hit her head pretty hard on the window. Cracked the glass. You could only imagine what that did to her brain.. that big impact.. it caused some fatal damage to her brain."

"What are you saying?" I breathed.

"She lost her memory, Mr. Anderson."

"How much of it?" I demanded, my voice getting high.

"Everything. Except basic things like how to eat, run, and things like that." The nurse said, her eyes sympathetic.

Sudden realization dawned on me. This was all my fault. I was the driver. I should've done everything possible to lose Antonio. I didn't do enough. And now Jocelyn's gone.

"Is it permanate?" I asked weakly, close to tears.

"Most likely, unless a miracle happens."

I put my head in my hands and wept, not even ashamed when the nurse patted my back and tried to assure me with words.

JOCELYN'S P.O.V.-

Darkness. It enveloped me like mist, clouding my whole body. When I tried to open my eyes and I couldn't, I started to panick.