Chapter 30: Can't Wait

Charlie’s POV

She had said yes and everything was going perfectly! School was about to end for Izzy and soon she would meet her brother and sister. Before I proposed to her I wrote a letter to both her mother and father. Her father replied instantaneously; her mother took a little longer to reply, but gave us her blessing. I was really worrying that her mother was going to blow a gasket and say no, but to my surprise she said she was happy if Izzy was happy.

My parents were off the wall from the news. My family was excited that we were getting married. Finally all the Weasley kids would be married and/or starting a family. I figured Izzy and I would be married for a short time before we started having kids. Ever since we visited Angelina and the baby you could see it in Izzy’s eyes that that’s all she wanted, a baby.

I would catch Izzy staring at the ring I gave her. She would smile to herself as she memorized the curves of the knot and the placement of the diamond. My family never had much money, but I knew the ring was one thing that I wouldn’t mind paying for.

Izzy and I decided to have a summer wedding in the middle of July. That gave us two months to prepare for the wedding. Izzy said that was more than enough time to get everything ready. Fleur, Herminone, and Ginny were helping Izzy plan and figure out what she wanted. Bill was helping me with the tasks I had to complete. I really didn’t know what those tasks were, but I was sure Bill would let me know.

“We need to get you a nice Tux.” Bill said visiting me at work one day.

“I have a…”

“No, it’s not Charlie.” He cut me off laughing. “It’s old and you need something new for your wedding. Don’t you want to look nice?” Bill was anal about clothes.

“Yeah I guess.” I couldn’t believe he was lecturing me about looking nice. 

“We’ll go find you something nice next week, sound good to you?” He smiled and nodded his head. 

Izzy seemed to be enjoying making all these plans. The girls were going to go shopping this weekend for Izzy’s wedding dress and the bridesmaids gowns. Izzy decided that the color scheme for the wedding would be royal blue. The girls were always hard at work when together, and most of the time they wouldn’t let me see what they were doing since it revolved around what Izzy wanted in her dress. Ginny threw her shoe at me once for getting too close to them. These girls meant business when it came to this wedding.

Saturday finally came around and the girls were at our house bright and early to pick Izzy up to go wedding dress shopping. Izzy was very excited for this; she couldn’t sleep at all from all the excitement. 

“I’ll see you tonight.” She kissed my cheek and hurried out the door.

Izzy’s POV

Ginny and Hermione arrived at the house at 8:47 AM. My stomach had butterflies flying around. I couldn’t believe this day had come. I was going to go find my wedding dress, but first I had to pick up my mom so she could be there with me. Even though we might have our differences she is my mom and I want her there the day I buy my wedding dress.

We arrived at my mom’s house around 9 AM. She was in the living room waiting for us to arrive.

“Hey mom.” I went and gave her a hug.

“How are we going to get to where we’re going?” She asked nervously.

“Apparating.” I said feeling my heart race. I knew she didn’t like traveling by magic, but it makes getting from Texas to New York so much simpler.