Chapter 13: The Truth

I felt horrible for getting Charlie in trouble and the guilt followed me the next morning as I got ready to go visit my mom and tell her I was moving to Romania permanently. I curled my hair lightly and put a little more make up than I usually did. I put on my favorite shirt that made me look really skinny and a pair of jeans. 

Charlie got to the cottage just as I finished retouching my make up. When I opened the door I wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a long kiss.

“I’m not complaining, but what was that for?” He asked.

“I’m just so sorry about yesterday! I promise I’ll stay out of the way and just observe from my little spot on the mountain for my last week there!” I sounded a little frantic.

“Sweetheart, don’t worry. It was my fault I should have kept it together at work. I just melt when I’m with you and toss all the rules out.” He had a smile on his face.

“Alright.” I said sheepishly. “Well let’s get going so I can give my mom her heart attack already.”

I grabbed my wand and Charlie’s hand and apparated to my home in the U.S.. My mom was wait for us by the door when we arrived there. She looked excited to see me and surprised to see Charlie by my side.

“Hey Momma!” I said hugging her. She continued to stare at Charlie. “Momma, this is Charlie Weasley, the guy I mentioned in my letter.”

“It’s nice to meet you Mrs. Jennings.” Charlie said extending his hand. 

My mother took his hand without a word. She just continued to stare.

“Well, I’m hungry let’s get something to eat.” I said to break the tension.

We decided to drive to a Village Inn and enjoy ourselves. Charlie had never been in a restaurant like this before and his shyness began to kick in. We ate and talked about the different things that happened while I was tending to the dragons. My mom as usual made everything I had to say unimportant to her, but when she had something to say it was the most important thing. My mother forgets to take my feelings into account and brushes it off as if it were nothing.  

We drove home quietly. Nothing was said. We walked into my house and I showed Charlie around. My house was little but it was home none the less.

“You alright Iz?” Asked Charlie.

“Yeah, why?”

“Your mom just didn’t seem interested in what you had to say, and I could tell that hurt your feelings.” He looked at me with his loving eyes.

“My mom isn’t like yours… She doesn’t take into account my feelings. She just ignores half the things I say. Sometimes it’s different and she listens to everything I have to say, but most times it’s like this.”

Charlie pulled me into a hug and rested my head on his chest. I looked up at him and tip toed to kiss him. We’d only known each other for three weeks, but he was now my family as well.

“I love you.” I whispered to him.

He held me even tighter and kissed the top of my head.

“I love you too, Sweetheart.”

We walked into the living room and my mom had the TV on watching some kind of drama in Spanish. We sat down on the couch across from her. When her Novela ended we decided to tell her.

“Mom?”

“Mmm.” was all she said.

“I have to tell you something.” This caught her attention. “I’m moving to Romania with Charlie. I’m going to stay there permanently.”

“You’re pregnant aren’t you?” Her and her irrationality.

“What?! No! I love it in Romania and want to stay there.”

“Don’t give me that load of crap. You’re just moving there for him. What? You find a guy who sweet talks you and you decide to drop everything for him? Very smart.” Her tone was cold.

“Whatever mom. Think what you want.” As I got up my mother blew up.

“You’re not moving. You’re not going to throw away your life for some boy! How stupid are you?! It won’t even last!”

“Mrs. Jennings I love your daughter very much and I would never do anything to hurt her.” Charlie said sweetly.

“Stay out of this! You’re the reason she wants to leave!”

“Charlie go to the cottage and start packing up please? I’ll be there soon.” I told him.

Charlie got off the couch and walked outside. As soon as I heard the crack to signal he was gone I turned back to my mom.

“You can’t tell me what to do anymore! I’ve taken care of myself for this long and I can continue to do so.”

She said quiet and turned back to her TV. I had just about enough of this, but I needed to know one more thing.

“Where’s my dad?”

“Why the hell would you want to know?” She looked like someone had just slapped her.

“Just tell me.”

“Last I heard he was in Scotland with his wife and kid.”

“Wife and kid?” I questioned.

“Yeah, wife and kid! Are you deaf? He married her as soon as he found out she was pregnant.” She huffed. “You were five when I found out.”

I stood up to leave. All of this was too much.

“Oh! And he’s like you. He can do that magic crap too.”

I left as fast as possible. I apparated so fast I’m surprised I didn’t leave a body part behind. I couldn’t believe she was just now telling me about him.

“That bitch lied to me for years!!” I screamed as soon as I got inside the cottage. “She told me where my dad was and that he’s married and has another kid!”

I was so upset that I ran outside and blew up a boulder. Charlie was next to me in seconds. I was just so upset I couldn’t hold it in any longer. He pressed me to his body and rubbed my back.

“Are you going to try looking for him?”

“I don’t know if I should, but I want to.”