Chapter 18: Long Day

Saturday finally came around and I was ready for a day to do absolutely nothing! Too bad that’s not what Charlie had in mind.

“Come one Izzy! Wake up!” He shook me while I hid under the covers.

“No!” I buried myself further into the sheets. 

He wasn’t having it. He went under and pulled my out by my feet. He cradled me in his arms and threw me in the bathroom.

“Take a quick shower, and get ready real fast! I’ve got a surprise for you.” He closed the door, but not before smacking my butt for me to get a move on.

I jumped in the shower without enjoying it and got right back out. I dried off my hair and put a little make up on. I threw on a pair of jeans and a cute shirt.

“You ready?” He gave me a crazy look.

“Yeah, yeah.” I glanced up at the clock. “Charlie it’s 7:30 AM! What are we doing?”

“You’ll see! Come one Mum’s waiting.” I had no idea what was going on.

He took me in his arms and apparated up into the unknown. We arrived at the Burrow seconds later. We walked past the garden and I could hear whispering. We opened the door and…

“SURPRISE!!!” 

I looked around unable to speak. Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Molly, and Arthur were all in the kitchen with big smiles on their faces.

“Congratulations on your job Sweetheart!” Charlie said planting a kiss on my cheek.

“Thanks you guys!” I really couldn’t believe that they cared enough about me to do this.

“Sit down! Breakfast is almost ready.” I could smell how great it was and my stomach made a growling noise.

“Better make it fast Mum! Someone’s hungry!” Ron said laughing.

“How was your first week at Hogwarts?” Hermione asked kicking Ron.

“It was good. I really like teaching!” It was true everyday that passed was great. “How are you guys?”

Everyone talked about things going on in their lives. Harry and Ginny were vacationing in Spain for their Honeymoon, and now Harry was back at work in the Ministry. Hermione and Ron were trying to figure out how to celebrate their six months of being married. Charlie talked about a new Peruvian Vipertooth that they had to keep separate from all the others. Even though he wasn’t a big dragon he was very dangerous. They weren’t keeping him for long just until he got healthier.

We ate and talked about random things. We asked each other strange questions just to pass the time. Molly laughed at our answers since some of them were stupid.

“Alright well I’ve got question for all of you!” Announced Molly. “Am I going to get any grandchildren from any of you any time soon?”

I looked over at Charlie and him and I busted out laughing. We never actually talked about kids before. I wouldn’t mind having a few, but I didn’t even know if he wanted any. 

“Not from us sorry Molly.” I said.

“Yeah Mum. Izzy and I aren’t still adjusting living together and our jobs.” Charlie said taking a sip of his orange juice. 

Harry and Ginny also said no the children idea. They just got married and wanted time to themselves. Ron and Hermione were looking a little suspicious though. We all looked at them waiting for them to say something.

“Well?” Asked Charlie curiously. Hermione’s cheeks blushed red.

“Hermione are you pregnant?” I asked without thinking.