I Reject You First

"Melissa over here!" I spotted my pack and made a beeline for them. This was our first night at the university and our first party just for freshmen. The party was held in the lobby of one of the buildings in the center of campus and it was jammed pack with freshmen from all over. The university was strictly for werewolves so that we could be ourselves without putting up a pretense around the humans. Out of the ten of us six were mates which left four of us mateless, myself, Tammy, Brian, and Cliff. Cliff was my best friend and the biggest flirt of the group who like me was in no hurry to find his mate. Tammy and Brian, on the other hand, had desperation written over their face hoping to find their mates within the first few weeks of school. Cliff hauled me onto the dance floor and we started bumping and grinding to the newest Rhianna song. Christy and Kevin joined us and we dance a few more songs together when I froze. I sniffed the air and the smell of cinnamon and blackberry sent off an explosion of tingles along my nerves. I panicked searching out the smell and found that the intoxicating smell was coming from the front entrance. I seized Christy's arm in a death grip weaving her through the throngs of people in the opposite direction exiting through a side door.

"What the hell Melissa!"

"Fate is cruel! My mate just walked through that door!"

"Melissa I'm so sorry. But don't run from this. Go back in there and look for him. He is probably looking for you."

"I can't Christy, I'm not ready. I'm going back to my dorm." With that I took off running full speed around the building away from the party.

********************************************************************

Camden led his pack into the freshmen party taking in the scene laid out before him. There were hundreds of people packed inside, a large mass dancing and dry humping each other on the dance floor. His pack was the largest pack of freshmen entering the university this year at around fifty. Tonight only half came mostly mateless males looking to have fun just like he was. He was searching for the busty blonde he met on campus earlier that day his hormones in overdrive.

"Damn this party is banging!" Trey grinned as Fara pulled him away steering him to the dance floor.

I sniffed the air to catch the scent of the busty blonde when I was knocked back from the smell of strawberries. My wolf howled inside of me, mate! Oh hell this couldn't be happening. Shit! Before anyone knew what was happening, I dashed out of the building headed for my car. Fuck!!! No not now, my freedom lasted only twenty-four hours. Hell no, I refuse to accept this, I came here to have fun and no mate was going to stop me. I rounded another building by the parking lot fishing my keys out of my front pocket when I was tackled to the ground by someone. I looked into the loveliest pair of green eyes and my body hummed with electricity as my mate lay on top of me. "Mate!" we growled simultaneously. We both jumped up apart staring at each other. My mate was gorgeous her sparkling green eyes, straight auburn hair that hung down past her shoulders, she had a perfect body and those full lips were driving me crazy. With all that said, it still didn't change a thing.

"I reject you!" wait what did she say? Did she just reject me? "Wait, what?"

"I said I reject you first!" her voice sent chills up and down my spine.

"No I said I reject you first, hold up. You are rejecting me?" I was a little offended even though I should be happy I didn't have to deal with a crying, rejected mate. She placed her hands on her hips, damn what lovely hips.. Get a hold of yourself Cam and focus!

"You heard me. I have my reasons and apparently you do too since you rejected me!" if I continue to listen to her hypnotic voice I might not be able to stop from kissing her.

"Shut up. Stop talking!'

"Hey you don't tell me to 'shut up'!"

I closed my eyes calming my wolf who was trying to take control and if she didn't stop talking I would not be responsible for what happens next. Damn this she wolf was exhausting! "If you don't shut the hell up, my wolf will take control and mark your ass right here!" Now that shut her up. "Since neither one of us want to have a mate right now, lets just stay clear of each other. Most important don't tell anyone that we found each other. Deal" I stretched my hand for a handshake and my mate place her hand into mine sending off another wave of electricity throughout my body. We both snatched our hands away, "And no touching!" she nodded in agreement. I stood there for a minute awkwardly then turned away while my wolf growled at me to turn back to his mate. I didn't look back fearing that if I did, I'd take back everything we just agreed to. I slammed the door and rev the engine speeding out of the parking lot like I was being chased by demons.