Free

Pain racked my body as I drifted in and out of conscious. The only thing I was aware of was that I was safe in Camden's arm. Camden held me tight in his arms rocking me back and forth murmuring words of comfort. My body was jarred and the pain shot through me making me hiss out a yelp of pain.

"Dammit Trey watch the bumps!!! Melissa, Melissa, baby are you ok?" Camden worried voice penetrated through my fog and desperately I tried to answer before I slipped back into the darkness.

Screaming voices dragged me out of darkness again. I heard Camden yelling at someone as I struggled to open my eyes to see his face and tell him I'm ok. Even though I felt like my lower half of my body was being stabbed with a knife.

"Camden you have to calmed down and leave! Let's us work on her. We will take good care of her! Now leave and lets us do our jobs!"

"No she needs me!" Camden voice was filled with need. "No Trey let me go. Just let me stay and hold her hand. I can feel her pain!"

"Son, let the doctors work on her! The quicker you let them the sooner you can comfort her." Camden's father trying to reason with him. I tried opening my mouth to tell Camden to let the doctors do their work, especially if it meant that they could take this pain away.

I felt little pricks of needles entering my skin and one of the doctors was rearranging my legs causing a whimper to escape my lips. Camden was back lavishing kisses over my face, wiping the tears of pain from my cheeks.

"It's going be ok baby, they are going to make you better." Camden placed more soft,feathery kisses on my lips and I let the numbness take over closing my eyes escaping the world of pain.

***********************

I paced outside the operating room, running my hands through my hair. No one in the waiting room said anything, The room was filled with a deafening silence that had us all on edge. It had been two hours since I was forced out of the operating room. Two hours!!! Damn something was wrong. I mean we are fucking werewolves we heal fast. So why wasn't Melissa. Questions, doubts, fears swirled around in my head and swallowed me whole. I don't know what I would do if she was taken from me. If you told me a week ago that I would do almost anything to save my mate. I would call you a fucking liar. But here I am. I would do anything if it meant that Melissa would be alive and well.

"Camden." I turned to see my mother. She motion me over and I glanced back at the others who also were waiting anxiously for news of Melissa. Damon, Christy and her mate, Cliff, Brian, and a couple more people from her pack. "You need to follow me."

"Mom I can't leave until I know she is ok." She gave me one of those looks that said I better shut up and follow her.

"It's ok, Camden we'll let you know if there is any news." Christy spoke up and I nodded my thanks. I left and followed my mother wondering what was so urgent for me to leave. I followed her to my father's office and he along with a pack doctor was there. I didn't like the look of this. Something was wrong with Melissa.

"Camden take a seat." my father stated but I remained standing.

"What's wrong with Melissa?"

The doctor looked at my dad and then turned fully towards me. "We were able to set her broken leg but there are some complications."

"What complications?"

"Melissa was poisoned. But not by wolfbane. Not really sure what it is. But the poison is preventing her from healing and her vitals are plummeting."

"Then what the hell do you suggest? Are you saying she's dying?" my voice cracked.

"Well there may be a possibility but not sure if it will work."

"What the hell are you doing here do it!"

"We need you. We want to do a blood transfusion, since you are her fully blooded mate. We think a transfusion using your blood may save her."

"What the hell we waiting for lets do it." I said rolling up my sleeves and turning towards the door.

"Wait. I said it is a possibility that it may save her. There is another possibility if we do this." I arched my brow impatiently for the him to finish. "There's a possibility that you both may die. We will virtually be emptying your blood into her and I'm not sure if you will heal quick enough."

"But there is a possibility that this will save her? Right?"

"Yes."

"Then lets do this."

"Camden! Are you sure you want to take the risk." My mother voice wavered and my father put his arms around her. I didn't answer my mom but looked at my dad.

"Dad would you do this for mom?"

"Of course. No hesitation." I walked up to my mom and pulled her into a hug.

"I love you mom. Let's go doc."