Operation Rejection Phase 1: Ignore

Christy kept shooting me questioning looks after Camden's noisy exit. However, I kept my head down and gave the professor my undivided attention. I wasn't ready to tell her what lhappened ast night but knew I wouldn't be able to hold her off for long. Two hours later we were all sitting in the the dining hall eating our lunch. We still had another 30 minutes before English class. I dreaded going into that class because we have to finish our essay.

"Melissa will you go with me to the bathroom." Christy was not going to take no for an answer.

"Christy I really don't need to go."

"I don't remember asking if you needed to go." Damn Christy was not going to let me off the hook. I push back the chair to do my impression of 'dead man walking'. Kevin and Tyler also went as our body guard standing outside of the ladies restroom. Christy checked all the stalls to see if we were alone before she talked.

"Remove your scarf."

Christy's command startled me because it was the last thing I expected her to say. My hand flew to the scarf, "Why?"

Christy took a step towards me reaching for the scarf. I stepped back out of arm's reach alarmed that my little secret was about to see the light of day. "Melissa if you are not hiding something then take off your scarf."

I knew I was busted but I still hesitated. Suddenly Christy yanked the scarf off and I gasped. I tried to cover the mark but to no avail.

"I knew it! The second I walked into class. He marked you. Finally this nightmare is over."

I shook my head avoiding her eyes.

"What's wrong, Melissa?"

"Christy he marked me out of anger and still rejected me."

"What an asshole! Are you kidding me? He can't do that! I will go find him and beat some sense into him."

"Christy it won't do any good. It doesn't matter, anyways. I don't want him. In fact I just plan on ignoring him from here on out."

Christy just looked at me with pity putting her arms around me in comfort. "Melissa I know that is what you want to do. But he marked you. The feelings that you have for him will increase, as time goes on the more your wolf will become part of his wolf. You each will feel what the other feels and once you mate you will be able to mind link with each other."

"Well I don't have to worry about that mate part. I just have to stay far away from him. If I could just ignore him in class and not get pulled into his life, then I should be okay."

"Melissa, you don't understand. Your wolf will go into heat and the longer the two of you put off mating the stronger the desire to mate will become. I was only able to hold out two hpurs and I can tell you it was debilitating. All I could think about was Kevin and wanting to be with him."

"I have alpha blood, I will have more control."

"Melissa didn't you tell me, that alpha blood makes the desire even stronger." I groaned at the reminder. I faced the mirror replacing the scarf.

"Christy I will just have to deal with it as it comes. Right now all I have to do is just ignore him."

"Ok, just wondering how long do you think you can hide his mark from everyone. Of course I knew you were hiding something, because I know you don't wear scarfs until it gets cooler and you were acting weird."

"Maybe we can go shopping later on today to look for shirts that will cover up the mark."

Christy looked doubtful, "Ok we will go later, after we get you moved in to the apartment."