Rejection is a Bitch!

I was jolted awake by the pounding on my dorm door. I didn't even need to use any of my wolf sense to know who it was interrupting my sleep. If that is what you can call what I attempted to do last night was sleep. Every time I closed my eyes I dreamt of my damn mate doing unspeakable things to me! Ugh!!! Damn mate! I rolled off the bed entangled in my sheets evidence of my restless sleep pattern. I kicked the offending sheets off stumbling to the door to let Christy in. Christy rushed in with concern in her eyes.

"Melissa are you ok? I have been trying to call you, I thought something had happened to you."

"Oh you mean like the one person I was running away from I ran into outside of the party last night."

"What!"

"Guess what he rejected me too."

"What?!"

"We made a deal to stay clear of each other and not tell anyone that we are mates."

"What?!"

"Damn Christy is all you gonna say is 'what'?"

"I.I..mean what do I say. This is not good. You both rejected each other but does it hurt. I heard rejection by a mate was painful?"

"It would if we formally rejected each other."

"Ok Melissa, now I'm confused."

"Christy we didn't formally reject each other. You know when you state your name and say I formally reject, blah, blah, as my mate. Well we didn't do that. In fact I don't even know his name."

"So what does that mean?"

"It means that I can still experience a normal college life without the oppression of a mate." I pulled out a cute black skirt with a matching silk grey and black sleeveless shirt. I was aiming for cute and sexy on my first day of class. Twenty minutes later we were walking on campus joining the rest of our pack in student union. There our freshmen pack was mingled with some of the upperclassmen from our pack sitting around three tables that they pulled together.

"Hey Beautiful." Cliff arm encircled my waist and he placed a kiss on top of my head.

"Hey Sexy man." Hugging him to the side of my body I turned my face up to his batting my eyes. This was our normal greeting.

"I saved you a seat and got your breakfast." Cliff pulled out a seat and laid out in front of me was a ham and cheese croissant, my favorite.

"You are my knight in shining armor!" I bit into the delectable flavors of buttery bread, ham and cheese moaning.

"You two make me sick watching you! If we didn't know any better, we would think you two were mates!" Brian grinned at Cliff.

"You are just jealous Brian that you don't have someone to look after you." I smiled sweetly and patted Cliff's arm sticking my tongue out at Brian. "Don't mind him Cliffy, just keep doing what you are doing."

"Hey isn't that the future alpha of the Redwood Pack. Dang, dude is giving us the death stare." Brian looked over my head but I didn't need to turn around I knew exactly who it was. I slumped over my plate letting my hair form a curtain around my face to hide my frustration. If things couldn't have gotten worse my dumb ass mate was an alpha! I hate my life!

***************************************************************

Camden could barely contain himself from going over and ripping that wolf apart that was touching what was his. His wolf's growls were resounding in his mind and he struggled to keep them from coming out and being heard by his pack. Trey pushing him in the opposite direction of his mate to a set of couches broke the connection. Damn her! Is this why she rejected me she wanted another wolf? Hell who cares, she can have her fun and I damn well will have mine. I sanked onto the couch still fuming over my mate and didn't realize that the busty blonde was perched on my lap. Now this is what I need to be focused on. I flashed a smile in her direction caressing the back of her neck.

"Camden, I missed you at the party last night. I thought we were going hook up?" busty blonde pouted her hand tracing circles on my chest. What the hell is her name?

"Sorry babe, I was called away at the last minute. You know alpha stuff." My hand traveled down her back to the roundness of her ass. My wolf growled disgusted that I was touching a she wolf that was not our mate.

Busty blonde leaned in her breasts pressing into me and whisper in my ear, "We can make up for it now." Yesterday before the incident, I would be rock hard and ready to rip her clothes off. But now? Now, I feel only disgust! Look at what my fucking mate has reduced me to. SHIT!!!

"Can I have a rain check?" I continue rubbing her ass but getting no enjoyment out of it.

"Of course." I literally almost dumped her ass on the floor when I stood up to get outta of there.

"Trey, Fara, Kell lets go." I felt the walls closing in and glance over to where my mate and her pack are sitting but they had already left.

We had almost reached the science building when Trey stopped and let the others pass us to go on ahead of us. "Hey man, you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm ok just some alpha business that I have to tend to later." Scratch that, mate business I will definitely be handling.