Rejection is Over, Now What?

"Camden, man, calm down!" Trey's words bounced off me while I paced around my living room my mind going in different directions. How the fuck did this happen? I still can't believe that the Silver Crescent Pack had the balls to hold my father hostage. And for what? There was no way in hell I was going to let that happen! I took my anger out on the neon green glass orb that my mom bought to spruce up my apartment throwing it across the room. The impact of the glass made everyone jump and Melissa got up from the couch stood in front of me holding my face.

"Cam, please calm your wolf. We will get your father back and everyone else." Melissa soothing voice and her caressing hands was able to disperse some of the anger boiling within me. But only a little. The Silver Crescent Pack was not holding only my father, but also her brother, and two other alphas that were there for the peace talks. Melissa's arm wrapped around my waist pulling me closer and I buried my nose into her neck inhaling her addictive scent. We held onto each other for another minute dampening the effects of my wolf so that I could think more rationally.

"Camden, Dylan and Rafe are here." I took one more whiff of Melissa's scent dragging myself away from her inviting body. I nodded to Trey to send them up. Dylan and Rafe were the sons of the alphas that were being held captive alongside my father. I knew both of them very well because they were from neighboring packs and we grew up together. Dylan was only a couple of years older than me but after finding his mate here at the university last year decided to return home and help his father. Rafe was the eldest and had me by six years he was suppose to become the alpha of his pack next month.

"Melissa, I want you to go to your friend's house while I talk with the other alphas." I knew that I was in for a battle but I had to keep her safe. Melissa's eyes narrowed crossing her arms indicating that she was not going to budge. "Please, it's alpha business."

"You are not throwing me out Camden. I have as much at stake as the rest of you. And I'm the alpha for my pack. So, I'm staying."

"Mel, technically now that I'm your mate, I'm the alpha of your pack! So I represent both of our packs."

Trey I need you to get her outta here.

Man she is going to be pissed.

It can't be helped.

"Brian please escort my mate to Christy's."

"Camden, no! I told you that I'm not leaving. Brian you better not touch me! What are you keeping from me that you don't want me to hear, Camden?" Melissa screamed as Brian and Trey flanked her on both sides.

"I'm sorry about this Melissa." Trey giving her an apologetic look grabbing one of her arms while Brian grasp the other. They picked her up kicking and screaming all the way to the door. The door was open to the surprised looks of Dylan and Rafe and they quickly step back out of the way.

I blocked Melissa from my mindlink, closing my eyes at the pain I was causing her. it was for her own good. After she was escorted off the floor, i shook hands with Dylan and Rafe.

"Sorry we have to meet under these circumstances."

"What the hell is going on Camden? If they are holding our fathers then that means they want something?" Dylan's was on edge. I looked over at Rafe motioning them over to the dining room table where I had maps of the territories scattered.

"Yes, you're right Dylan. They will let our fathers go, if we hand over someone."

Rafe stood up his chair toppling over, "Then what are we waiting for, let's give them whoever they want."