Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four!!(:*<3

Kendall's Point Of View

Stacey and Vixen both grabbed onto my arms once I had finished knocking. All of us took a step back and held our breath while we waited for somebody to answer the door. We stood there for about three minutes and nobody had answered yet. "Do you think anybody's home?" Mitch asked. I expected a remark like that to come from Ethan but he looked like he was just as scared as I was. He was standing beside of Stacey. The rest of the guys, Mitch, Dustin, Logan, and Oliver were standing behind us.

Stacey and Vixen's grip on my arms tightened before the door swung open. A woman about in her early fifties was standing there. I was guessing that she was a maid or something. Her hair was pulled back with a few strands hanging into her face. She looked tired and her clothes seemed to be new, except she needed some sleep. I could tell that just by the look on her face. She was tired. Well, that made two of us.

"May I help you?" She asked, holding onto the door as she spoke.

"Yes, um, well I'm Kendall. I'm the human who's trying to turn an Angel..........human." I said. Her eyes looked like she was excited to see me.

"So you're the human girl? We've been waiting for you." She replied. She opened the door wider which gave me a hint that she wanted me to come in. I breathed out through my nose and then took a step in. The rest of the gang followed me. I tried to stay as close to them as I possibly could. I couldn't do this alone because I would end up having a nervous breakdown. Which I was on the brink of doing right now.

I began playing with my fingers, something I tend to do when I'm nervous, as I followed the woman.

"Um, excuse me. I don't mean to be a bother but what's your name?" I asked, walking up beside her. She smiled.

"Don't worry honey, you aren't bothering me. My name is Katie." She replied.

"Oh, It's very nice to meet you Katie. If you don't mind me asking, where exactly are you taking us?" I asked.

"I'm taking you to the leader. He's been waiting for you." Katie answered.

"He's been waiting for me?" I asked.

"Yes ma'am, he is. He's heard about you coming here. He's really excited to talk to you." Katie answered.

I swallowed another lump in my throat and began to get even more nervous. We entered this really long, big corridor which made me even more nervous. This place was huge and I couldn't help but be intimidated by being here. It was five times bigger than my house, if not bigger. I don't think I've ever been somewhere this big.

Stacey walked up beside me and I looked at her. "I'm so nervous." I whispered to her.

I knew two out of three things would happen. Something terrible would happen and it would be really bad. Or it would turn out the way that I want it and everything would turn out and be peachy.

Katie pushed on the doors and opened them only to let me see a big room. He clearly looked like he was the king here. He was sitting on a big chair and everything. This was real professional, which only made me more nervous.

He took one look at me and instantly knew who I was. "Oh Kendall, I've been waiting to see you. Honey, you look a mess." He greeted me as he stood up from his chair and wrapped me into a hug.

"Thank you. I've had a rough journey here." I replied.

"Why don't you and your friends get cleaned up and put one some clean clothes. I'm sure all of you deserve it." He said. His voice was loud and deep. He sounded happy. I guess any person would be if they ruled a land.