Wise Words From Reporters

After my run in with Oscar Delancey I choose to try and find Katherine. But the only thing is I have absolutely no idea where she could even be. She was not with her father. I don't blame her, I didn't want to spend any longer that I had to in there with Joe.

I see a park bench beside an old dusty bookshop. It seems like the perfect place to just sit and think over everything that just happened. Which is probably  the best thing to do right now.

I plop my self down. The stripped shirt that Katherine gave be becomes untucked for the skirt. I sit up a little to fix my old but new to me outfit.

So let's recap everything that happened tonight leading up to now. First I was in the washroom of the lounging house trying to look presentable for the Rally. And then Katherine appeared and  gave me these clothes that I am currently wearing. Then we talked for a little bit. And she told me she was lying to me the whole time. Now I know that she was talking about being Joseph Pulitzer's daughter the whole time.

She left not too long after that. So I went to my bunk and saw the letter from the Refuge written by Crutchie  that Jack got and he gave it to me. I never had read it up until then, but when I did I lost it. My Crutchie is locked up and away from me. I don't know if I can keep thinking about this.

So I am going to change the subject to the Ralley at Irving Hall. Jack was running late so Davey and I decided that I was going to make a speech. Brooklyn showed up, stormed the stage, and I chatted with Victor and Clyde for a while. I made up a speech on the spot and then people cheer surprisingly enough to. I was doing fine without Jack being there, but then he showed up with Joseph Pulitzer's words stuffed in his mouth. Spot and the others heard him and got rough. Jack ran off and I was totally confused.

Everyone told me not to, but after all of the chaos I left and went to the Pulitzer Building to find the man himself. He told me a lot of things. One being that Katherine Plumber that girl who I have been working with the whole time is Katherine Pulitzer the daughter of the newspaper tycoon that is hurting my friends and locking up my loved ones.

So I left that mad house and bumped into Oscar Delancey, because if my night wasn't already horrible then he just made it exactly that.

I zone back into reality. I'm sitting on a park bench in front of some book store. And some man is walking up to the very bench that I am sitting on. "I'm sorry miss. Is this seat taken?"

"Not at all. Have a seat." I say moving over to give him room to sit down on the bench.

"For such a young kid you look dearly troubled." The stranger say trying to make conversation with me. "If you were in my shoes Mister, you would be too." I say responding to him.

The man nods and sighs at me. "Denton. I'm Brian Denton. And who might you be?"

I pull the braid that my hair is in to the side and then I answer him. "I'm Denise Sinclair. But everyone I know calls me 'Stray.' I forget why." Spot usually says 'Stray from the path' but that isn't how I got my name.

He extends his hand out to shake mine so I return the favor and I do shake his hand. He sparks up the conversation back again. "Now what seems to be the issue Stray. You're young you are supposed to be enjoying the world and its riches. So why are you sitting here lumping around?"

I sigh and dangle my feet over the ground. "Mr. Denton. I know I may not look like it now, but I am actually a Newsie sir. And I know it's not in the papers but the newsies have been-"