The Sun

The guys tried to wrap my foot up the best the could. I of course had to fix their mess and wrap my foot up properly. Fixing what the newsies did wrong. If I was a medicine at the old pharmacy that would be my tag line. It would sell like it's going out of style.

Currently I am walking down the roads. Wagons and buggies push through the crowds of people. Yelling and shouts are filling the streets. Some are from mothers calling to their children. Others are adults arguing about oaths, and financial troubles. See that's why I don't want to grow up. Adults are so clueless they don't know that they are doing everything wrong. See the way I see it we'll stay young forever because we doing everything right.

Whoa! Let me tell you walking across town all the way to the Sun with only one leg! Why it's killing me?!?! I have no idea how my Crutchie even did this day after day. Just trying to maneuver through all this is taking up all my patience.

I wonder why Katherine wants to talk to me anyways. I mean I should be letting my foot heal and lying in bed, but any excuse to get away from there I'll take.

I still can't believe they didn't tell me about Jack being missing. I had to find out by Davey spilling the words out of his mouth. It's not like it didn't know that he wasn't around, the guys just made excuses on how he wasn't at the lounging house. First it was the rooftop, then it was the Deli, after that it was Davey's place. And lastly they lied and told me Jack was at Irving Hall. I was so dumb, I believed them.

Now I don't only have to worry about Crutchie being in the Refuge. I have to worry about Jack being dead or alive. I should just be sitting down thinking all this through, but I have to go. It is in my nature to go and live. Probably one of the reasons I left my dad too.

The Sun building looks similar to the Pulitzer Building, but not as extravagant and lavish. Old man Joseph Pulitzer is loaded and he does not mind showing it to lesser classes like me and the boys.

I am walking up to the building. I try to open the huge door with my free arm, but it just won't budge. Some tall bigwig comes and opens the door. He doesn't pay me any mind so I sneak in right before the door closes on its own. The inside is just as amazing if not more amazing that the outside. The front desk looks like it has copper embellishments all over it. Everything little detail in here is top notch. I am getting distracted very bad, but can you judge me. I have never seen such a sight.

I need to get back to the reason why I am ever here in the first place. Katherine Plumber. She needs to see me so here I am. I make my way over to the desk. I get weird looks from ladies in fancy dresses and men wearing four piece suits that cost more than I make in a year. I just sigh and keep walking. The lady behind the desk stands up and walks out in front of the desk. She crosses her arms at me. "Excuse me?....I believe that you may be lost. The distribution outlet is outside and around the corner. " She says in a snooty attitude.

I straighten up on Crutchie's crutch and and fix my hat on my head. I am trying to look as confident and brave as possible. An awkward cough comes out of my mouth as soon as I try to talk. The lady raises her eyebrow at me and I take a deep breath and try again.

"I don't know if you have noticed, but there is no one at the distribution outlet, all the Newsies of Manhattan are on strike, because of the price jack up. I am actually here because I was invited by a dear friend of mine and it just so happens that she is writing a story about the Newsies Strike. So be a doll and point me the way to Katherine Plumber's office." I tilt my head and give a cheeky smile. Somethings you can just get away with if you are a kid.