Chapter 3 ❤

LoveHate Thing Chapter 3

I awoke to the bus stopping and ooo's and ahh's of the teens around me. I sat up and peered out the window. It revealed the old mall, only redone with its walls blue and white and the sign out front said Kaye's school for high school students. 

The doors opened and let us off the bus. There were thousands of students outside, talking and laughing. Some were hugging each other. Mari and I grabbed our suitcases and head into the building. I was tempted to go and get Drew but then I saw him with his arm around some girl so I left him alone. We entered the building to see 3 tables with teachers behind them with laptops and a stack of papers. We went in the line that said 11th grade. After a few people, I was next.

"Last name please" The lady with graying hair said.

"Brooke" I said. She clicked on the laptop for a few seconds then said:

"Dallas ?" I nodded. She flipped through the papers before pulling out a sheet. It had my name at the top.

"This Is your schedule. You have a five periods a day. Room numbers are on the side of each class. At the top is your name, age, and grade." She handed me the paper and the pulled out a small blue and white cloth bag.

"Inside is your hologram phone, notebooks, pens, pencils and a map of the campus. The phone is to keep in touch with people. As you can see your outside no longer work out here." I glanced down at my iPhone 4S and frowned, but the lady continued talking.

"If you take a look at your map, girls and boys dorms are on the 4th and 5th floors. Girls are odds and boys are evens. You are allowed to choose one other person to room with but it has to be of the same sex. Up to 4 people are allowed in the room. Outside of the room in the mailbox is 4 dorm keys for you and roommates. You may choose your rooms as you please. A message will be sent to your phone when it is time for the opening assembly." I slung the cloth bag over my shoulder and moved to the side. 

I waited for Mari to get her stuff then we headed to the elevator. There were tons of people here. We hurried towards the elevator before it closed. It was one of those clear ones that u can see everything out of. It was amazing. The elevator hit the fourth floor and we hopped off. The hallway was long and wide. There were two sides to it. I'm guessing the dorms with the red lights meant they were full. A bunch of people were running around happily yelling and screaming. Some boys had water guns and were running down the halls squirting each other.

"Urgh ! " I heard Mari say from behind me. "Stupid boys". I chuckled as we walked some more down the blue and white rugged hallways. 

We finally came to a dorm with a green light. It had all four key cards in the mailbox, which meant we were the first ones. I grabbed a key and handed one to Mari. As I slid the key in the door, it beeped and flashed green to enter. The automatic doors slid open and My jaw dropped at the sight. 

The rugs were again blue and white ( which must have been the school colors) with two beds against the wall. Separating them was a white nightstand with a small table lamp and alarm clock. There was a closet on the right hand side with two sides separating our clothing from one another. In the other corner, there were two more beds and another closet for our other two roommates. We opened the doors in between the closets and saw four stand up showers with plastic curtains and four sinks. 

There were also four bathroom stalls and four mirrors hanging above the sinks. Each sink had it's own drawer for each of our personal belongings with a key dangling below. In the down past the sinks was a towel closet full of freshly stacked towels and wash cloths and a towel basket for the dirty towels and cloths. All the towels were in graved Kaye's in blue and white.

"Dallas! This place is amazing!" Mari squealed, Happily. I placed my bags on the twin bed next to Mari's.

"Yeah, it amazing!" I say. I picked up a clipboard that was laying on the bed. It said: fill out and place In the mailbox for collection. It basically had a bunch of questions like name, age, dorm number, roommates, etc.

I did most of it except the roommates part cuz all of them hadn't come. I looked through the cloth bag they gave us. Most of it was supplies then I saw a blue and white money card. I womdered if it had anything on it. Then I looked some more and pulled out my phone. It was a simple white touch screen phone with just a home button simaliar to my iPhone. I dumped out the rest of my bag and found my Id with my picture I had took for it a couple months ago on it with a barcode and a 9 digit number. Then there was the supplies, the card and a keychain to hold all of our keys. I clipped my dorm key and my closet key onto it. Mari and I started to quickly unpack our stuff so we could go explore before the opening assembly. After finishing putting stuff away, we bumped into some when we were trying to leave. We look up to see the faces of our other two room mates