Chapter 10 ❤

LoveHate Thing Chapter 10

(Asher's pov)

I couldn't stay away no matter how hard I tried. Kaia had warned me of what might happen but she was my mate. We were destined to be together no matter what. I couldn't just go on like nothing ever happened that night at the party. It was like we were meant to be. I know she felt the same but we could never be. I had been trying to ignore her all day but her scent was like a curse to me. I was stuck. After class, I couldn't take it anymore. I texted her to meet me on the fifth floor, where it all began. In less than five minutes, she appeared in front of me. Carmel colored skin glowing under the sun, mocha colored hair trailing down her back and her beautiful brown eyes looking at me in pure wonder. I could read her feelings but not her mind, for that was all my power would allow me to do. She walked over to me. Honey almond scent engulfing me and taking over. I had to fight the hold back the urge to pull her lips to mind and let my element side to take over.

"What is this game you are playing with me, Asher? One minute, your all over me then the next you don't even take one glance at me?" She asked. It almost broke my heart I was doing this to her but it was only to protect her. I could feel her sadness coming from her. I looked at her deeply.

" Everything I do is for a reason. I wouldn't purposely do anything to hurt you. I need you to stay away from me. No matter how hard it is. What I am, My family and everything is not a life you want to live. We could both be in trouble. That's why I brought u up here. I can no longer make contact with you, Dallas. As much as I would like to. Do you understand this ?" I say with much sorrow.

" I understand, Asher but you don't have to do this is you don't want to" she says quietly. I grab her hand and pull her closer to me. I wrap my free arm around her waist, tightening my grip. I look straight into her eyes and lean closer in her ear. My breath was so close I felt her start slipping under my spell. I whispered close into her ear.

" We all do things we don't wanna do" I felt her heart start speeding up and her eyes close. I kissed the side of her head before releasing the spell before I went to far and I disappeared so fast, I was gone before she even opened her eyes.

I opened my eyes and he was gone. Just like that. For some reason, Asher Kaye was hiding something that he didn't want me involved in. He was beautiful and mysterious at the same time and he suddenly had me wondering what he would want with someone like me.