Chapter 2 ❤

LoveHate Thing Chapter 2

I woke up to sunlight shining down on my face. I look over at Mari. She was completely naked with only a sheet draped over her thin, tan body. I searched around for my bra and undies. I finally found them in a pile in the corner of the room. My curiosity spiked for a second as I wondered how they got there. I decided not to give it a second thought. I slipped them on. Then I threw on my half shirt and skinny jeans. I threw my matted brown hair in a messy bun on the top of my head. I looked around for my phone and purse. I checked the time. It was 5:25 am. I had a little bit more then 30 minutes before my parents woke up and noticed I didn't come home last night. I suddenly felt a headache come on from my hangover. I wrote Mari a quick little note before leaving her house. Mari was my best friend but the things we did were just meaningless. Meaningless sex. It had been like that for a few months now when I found out she had a crush on me. Mari was gorgeous. Long red wavy hair that traveled down to her waist, big brown eyes and a amazing body. Who wouldn't like that ? The only thing about was Mari was a lesbian. She didn't like boys at all. I was only bisexual but I had never been with another girl except Mari. Mari doesn't like boys because she was raped a few years back. It's hard for her to trust them now. So a few months after that she went gay. I felt bad because she was missing out on all the cute boys but that's how she liked it and I would always support her no matter what. As I stumbled to my house, I realized I didn't have my keys.

"Shit!" I thought. I quickly dialed my brother Drew. After a few rings, he answered groggily.

"Hello ? Drew come open the front door. I'm locked out"

"Again? Dallas, you really gotta find your keys. I'm on my way down."

The phone clicked off and I heard footsteps then the sound of the door being unlocked. It opened and revealed my shirtless brother. His bronze chest out in the open because he had no shirt. No pants on either. Just his boxers. His curly carmel colored hair hung in his eyes, messing up his vision. People say we looked just alike. I didn't see it. Drew would be a senior this year. He is 18 and ready to graduate. He is the most popular guys at the school. I sometimes envy him.

"Where you been?" He asked. I pushed past him into the house.

"Mari's house" I say. His eyes widened.

"The hott red head Puerto Rican girl?" He asks

"Yes" I say as I grab a bottles water and some painkillers.

"When u gonna hook me up ?" Drew asks me, wiggling his eyebrows.

"How about never ? She lesbian" Drew frowns but then smiles again.

" I can turn her straight" he says with a grin.

"Gross" I say before heading upstairs to my room. It was still the way I left it...a mess. Clothes all over the floor, cigarettes left in the ash tray, can and pop bottles on the dresser and make-up left on the vanity. I knew I would have to clean it up before mom and dad woke up.

"Dallas Vanity Brooke !" I heard my mom's voice behind me. I turn to face her. She had a unhappy smile on her 32 year old face. She was still in her pj's, with her Carmel colored hair every which way. My mom was Hawaiian and My dad Dominican and black. Yeah I had amazing hair and I never burned in the sun. One of my many perks of being this race.

"Mom, I know this looks bad but I'm gonna clean it." I reassured her.

"Today's your last day here, Dallas. I'm worried about u" I sighed. I bet your wondering why she said that. Well this year a new school had been opened in place of the old mall. They used our old mall as a new high school. As one the new rules people 10th-12th grades have to go. I would miss my old school a lot. We had to live at the school as part of it. That's why my mom said it was last day here. My mom packed all 2 of my suitcases including my purse. She didn't want me to leave her. I was her only baby left. But they had made it a law now. I had too.

"You don't want me to leave do you, Mom ?" I asked her as she sat on the bed next to me.

"No sweetie. Your my baby." She said, smiling.

A hour later, My room was clean and I was showered and dressed. I was wearing a tank top with some short shorts and sandals. My hair was straightened and laying down my back. My light colored lip gloss coated on my lips. I don't really wear make-up like that unless it was lipgloss. My suitcases were at the front door ready to go. My brother came down wearing some shorts and a t-shirt. His bags were by the door too. We were waiting for the bus to the school to come and get us. My mom and dad stood by us.

"Now, we only get to see you guys on break like thanksgiving and Christmas. We want you guys to make the best out of things, okay ?" My mom said to me and Drew.

"Alright, Mom" Drew said, planting a kiss on her cheek. Then the horn to the bus beeped outside. I hugged my Mom and Dad.

"Be a good girl for daddy, Okay sweetheart ?" My dad said kissing my forehead. I nodded, small tears traveling down my cheeks. I, quickly wiped them before Drew opened the door, revealing the big blue tour bus. I grabbed my two suitcases and rolled them outside. The doors to the tour bus opened and a tall white man stepped out. He was probably around 35 with a beard and some pants on. I wondered why he would were pants in 80 degree weather. He put our suitcases under the bus. Drew got the bus before me and then I went after him. I saw a lot of familiar faces and some unfamiliar. As I went father back, I saw Mari sitting with a empty seat next me.

"Dallas baby! Sit next to me!" She called. I sat next to her as the bus pulled off.

"Hey beautiful." I say. She blushed. She was wearing a mini skirt with a tank top and some flip flops. Her hair was of course laying perfectly down her back. Her beautiful red which complemented her green eyes.

"Not as beautiful as you are, Dallas" she replied before placing a hand on my leg.

"I enjoyed you last night as always. " she also added. A tingle ran up my spine as she said that. I loved Mari. She was amazing. She was perfect. I grabbed her hand and held it in mine. I laid back and closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep ready for what was to come next.