pt 5

Conversation with the Silent Mech

Ever since the incident with the Insecticon, Lunar Chase has been inside the walls of Kaon. But she's been noticing something different. All of her brethren were very busy on their duties. Since they were mostly gone, Lunar Chase never has a chance to ask why they were so busy. She would be in the Recharge Room, just waiting for any of them to come in. But when they do, they're so tired that it look like they're recharge-walking.

She walk through the endless corridors and just wonder, where are they? Then she reached the Communication Center and saw a fellow Decepticon in there.

I wonder who could that be.

She entered the room and as she got closer, she recognized the dark silhouette. Soundwave turned around and look down to see Lunar Chase staring at him. All she did was give off a small, nervous grin and a wave of the hand. He gave off a short nod and turn back to the monitor.

This is their third time they met by themselves. But their meetings never last that long. Lunar Chase fidget a bit as she just watch him type away. She kind of wanted to start a conversation but the last time she tried doing that, he just stayed quiet.

Does he not like me or something? Well can't blame him if he does. I only hanged around with the drones and that's it.

She scratched the back of her neck. "So um...do you know where everyone is at?"

Silence.

"Or why all the drones are working so hard?"

More silence.

"Could you at least acknowledge that I'm trying to start a conversation with you?"

Even more silence.

She growled in anger and turn around to leave but as she almost reach the door, she stop.

No. I'm not gonna leave until he says something back. Even if it's a replay of somebot's voice or his owns!

She walked back to him, stood by his side and slightly glared at him. He looked at her. Why is she still here? Doesn't she has something better to do than be here?

He then saw her sit down on the ground, cross her arms and just stared at him.

"I'm not leaving until you talk to me."

He was kind of surprise. He would never thought that this little sparkling, who loves to run around and be free, would actually confined herself with him. But he didn't say anything and just went back to work. Lunar Chase just watched him.

You have to talk soon.

*****************************************************

Time was passing by and Lunar Chase was still looking at him. She had to admit, her aft was getting numb and she was losing patience. With a sigh, she began to talk again.

"It's weird that I have been with you bots since the beginning of my life and yet, I never got the chance to actually meet any other bots besides my brethren. It's weird and all but I wished I met you all sooner."

She look at him but he was unfazed and kept on typing. She lower her optics.

"I sometimes feels as though I'm an outcast. Not because you're not talking to me or anything like that, I just feel it in my spark. Maybe the thought of not knowing my spark-parents is haunting me. But I guess you elder Decepticons don't really give a scrap and move on. But I'm still just a sparkling."

Is she going to talk about her personal feelings?

"I mean, I would love to know if I'm truly a Decepticon or an Autobot. Or maybe a hybrid! Well, if that's possible. I would also like to know if I had any siblings or if I had a large family. I told that to Teevo but all he said was; we're your family now. This may sound greedy of me, but it's not satisfying enough for me. I want to know more. But I guess I won't be able to get that chance since nobot knowns who were my parents. Urgh, why am I even talking about this? I must be boring the Pit out of you."