GIVE ME THE CREAKING SPOON!

RYAN'S POV

I walked awkwardly behind Kayla as she pushed the shopping cart down the isle.

"What else do we need?" She asked. I looked at the shopping list she made.

"Jalapeños and chocolate. Um, why do you need jalapeños?"

"Because. Lauren in madly in love with jalapeños." She replied coldly. I stuffed the piece of paper in my pocket and followed her around the store. When we got all of the things that we needed, then walked to the checkouts. We stood in a pretty short line. She stood in front of me, her back facing me. If she didn't want me to come, then why did she give me the option? I sighed.

"But mommy! I want Skittles!" The little boy in front of us was having a tantrum, and I just wanted to shove a packet of Skittles right in his mouth to shut him up! I was about to lose my temper, when the little boy pushed his mother'a shopping cart, making it crash into Kayla. She fell back, right into my arms. The woman apologized, but Kayla didn't move.

"Um, Kayla?" I said quietly. She looked back at me and blushed.

"Sorry." She removed my hands from her waist and stared forward. I didn't even know what happened there. Kayla fell on me, but she didn't slap me like I expected. It was like she liked- wait, why am I thinking about this? Do I like Kayla? Just because she's pretty, has beautiful hair and eyes, has- arg! I'm thinking about her again! But what are my feelings for her? If I do like her, and the guys found out, they would never let me hear the end of it! I started tapping my fingers against my leg. Kayla payed for the groceries and we walked back to her truck. As she drove, I just sat beside her in silent.

"So, Lauren seems like a handful." I said, breaking the awkwardness.

"You can't even imagine how many times I've wanted to glue her mouth shut." Kayla said with a laugh.

"Please. Greg is a thousand times worse than Lauren." I smirked.

"Wouldn't be too sure about that. You know Lauren got us arrested? Twice!" I laughed.

"How?"

"Well, the first time it was because she stole some- I'm not sure you want to know what she stole. The second time, it was she 'accidentally' threw a fork at Obama..."

"Wait. Lauren actually threw a fork Obama? Was he really hurt?"

"No, it hit his shoulder. He's fine now, but we're not allowed 100 feet within him. And it's stupid cause we all got arrested when she threw the fork." Kayla sighed.

"Hey, you know how Greg likes Lauren?" I asked. Kayla bit her lip.

"Um, yeah. And Jay likes Ashley and Zack likes Sam and..." Her voice trailed off.

"Well, I bet that Greg will be the first guy to ask out a girl." She raised and eyebrow and looked at me.

"Personally, I think Jay. He really seems to like Ashley."

"But Jay's shy. Greg's way more confident."

"You wanna bet?"

"Uh, yeah!"

"Alright! If Jay asks Ashley out first, you give me $20." She said as she pulled into the driveway.

"Ok... But if Greg asks Lauren out first, you have to give me... Um..." I couldn't think of anything. The first thing that came to mind was a kiss, but I couldn't say that to her.

"Why don't you think about it." She said and got out of the car.

"So, it's a bet?" I asked.

"It's a bet." We shook hands, then walked in the house with our bags.