Potato Juice

ZACK'S POV

"Shut up!" I yelled and shoved my face in a pillow. "Do you want me to explode?!"

"Kinda." Greg replied. Great. Now my own best friends want me to explode and die.

"What's wrong with you?" Jay asked.

"You guys are all bragging about your girlfriends-"

"Kayla's not my girlfriend!" Ryan interrupted.

"Whatever. Anyway, you're all talking about your girlfriends! You guys know I like Sam and you could at least try to help me!" I lifted my head from the pillow.

"What do you mean by 'help you?'" Ryan asked.

"You know, just... Just help me!"

"Flirt with her!" They all said at the same time.

"I-I don't-"

"Blah blah blah. You know you like Sam. Sam knows you like her. SO JUST ASK HER OUT!" Greg yelled. I was so glad that the girls weren't in. I was surprised that they left us in the house alone, since we burned half the kitchen yesterday.

"But she doesn't like me so she won't say yes! I would ask her, she would say no, awkwardness for the rest of the summer!"

"Well then we just have to make her like you." Jay said with a mischievous look in his eyes. I could tell that this wasn't going to end well.

**************LATER***************

(Still Zack's POV)

"We're home!" Ashley yelled and walked through the front door, her arms full of bags.

"Bon travail, vous n'avez pas brûlé la maison." (Good job, you didn't burn the house) Kayla mumbled and set her bags in the kitchen.

"What did you guys buy?" Jay asked. In total, each girl had about five or six bags.

"Stuff." Ashley replied, giving Jay a kiss on the cheek.

"What stuff?" Greg asked, looking in a bright pink bag. Lauren slapped the back of his hand.

"None of yo' business!" She yelled and dragged a giant brown bag into the kitchen. After a few minutes, I heard a big thud coming from the kitchen. Greg and I walked to the kitchen and found Lauren dropping several potatoes into a blender.

"What are you doing?" Greg asked, wrapping his arms around her waist and setting his chin on her shoulder.

"I'm making a potato smoothie." She replied.

"Any reason?" I asked. She glared at me.

"Haven't you ever wondered what potato juice tastes like?"

"To be honest, no I haven't."

"Well I have! And in seconds, I will find out!" She hit the blend button, and the potatoes soon became brown liquid. Lauren poured the "juice" into a cup and looked at it.

"That looks truly disgusting." Greg said and backed away from Lauren.

"Too bad. I'm going to drink it." She slowly raised the cup to her lips.

"Lauren what have I told you about drinking mysterious brown liquid?" Sam yelled from behind me. Lauren rolled her eyes.

"This isn't mysterious. It's blended potatoes." Sam crossed her arms and stood beside me. Once again, Lauren raised the cup to her lips and took a long sip. Her eyes turned as wide as saucers and she spat the drink in the sink.

"Note to self. Don't drink potato juice." She gagged.

"It can't be that bad." Greg said and took the cup from her. He took a quick sip, but spat it on the floor.

"I stand corrected." He dumped the rest of the drink in the sink and walked out with Lauren.

"I'd better clean this up." Sam said and looked at the puddle of potato juice on the floor.

"I'll help you." I said. In my head, I was doing a happy dance. I was alone with Sam! Even though we were cleaning up... Still!

ASHLEY'S POV

I tried not to giggle as Jay started to tickle the side of my stomach.

"I didn't know you were ticklish." He said quietly in my ear.

"Well I am." I replied and grabbed his hands. He rested his chin on my shoulder.

"That's good to know." He smirked. I looked over at Lauren, who was lying across Greg's lap. She had a weird look in her eyes an her face a bit green.

"What happened to you?" I asked.

"I drank. Potato juice." She said slowly, staring at the ceiling.

"Why?" Jay asked.

"I was curious." She mumbled and put her hand over her stomach.

"Didn't you learn your lesson when you blended onions?" Kayla said and crossed her arms.

"And you promised that you wouldn't blend weird food anymore." I pointed out. Lauren stuck her tongue out at me.

"I told you. I was curious." I rolled my eyes. Soon, Sam and Zack walked out from the kitchen. Greg smirked and nodded in my direction, and I was pretty creeped out until I realized that he was looking at Jay. I looked at Jay, and he smirked at Ryan.

"What's going on?" I whispered to Jay. He didn't reply. Greg cleared his throat.

"So Sam... Have you noticed that Zack has... Really nice, um, hair?" Zack immediately turned red like a tomato, and Sam's eyes widened.

"Uh... What?"

"You know, his hair! It's the colour of honey! See?" Greg got up, walked over to Zack and messed up his hair.

"Um, yes... I see that..." Sam backed away from Greg. I could tell what she was thinking: What the hell is going on. I put my hand over my mouth so I wouldn't laugh.

"And, his hair is the same colour as his eyes. That's a... Good thing?" Ryan said.

"Sure?"

"And, Zack is really romantic. He could sit through a boring movie for hours, just for a girl that-"

"Dude. Shut. Up." Jay was interrupted when Zack threw a pillow him, but it hit me instead.

"You're so nice." I mumbled.

"Guys. In the kitchen, now." Zack said.

"Why? We were just getting-"

"NOW." The guys sighed, and followed Zack into the kitchen.

"What the hell just happened?!" Sam whispered when they left.

"Wasn't it obvious? They were trying to make you like Zack." Kayla said and smiled. "And personally, I think that you two should date."

"Why does everybody think that?!" Sam whisper/yelled.

"Because you two would make a good couple!" Lauren said excitedly. Sam sighed.

"What?" I asked and sat on the floor beside her.

"Well, it's just that... You guys keep pressuring me. Because all of you are in relationships, you think that Zack and I should go out. But I just don't like him like that." It was silent until the guys came back in.