Chapter 22

REALY IMPORTANT: HALF OF THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER IS GONE AND I'M NOT ADDING IT BACK BECAUSE I QUIT this story. IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED IN THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER, SHE WENT TO HIS HOUSE AND SAW HIM CHEATING ON HER WITH ANOTHER GIRL OKAY. 

The drive home was treacherous. I was blinded by the pouring rain and tears as I made my way across town. I was lucky I didn’t crash.

            When I finally reached my house, I slammed the car door shut and walked to the door. I didn’t really care about the rain, I was already soaked.

            Tony was sitting in the kitchen as I entered the house. After throwing my soaking jacket on a hook to dry, I trudged upstairs.

            “Hey Evelyn!” I heard Tony call after me, but I ignored him. I needed a nice, hot shower to rinse away the pain.

            Annoyingly, he followed me upstairs. “Guess what?” he asked gleefully. I sighed, turning around.

            “What?” I replied, my wet hair leaving little drops of water on the carpet.

            “Well you look like shit,” Tony observed. “What happened to you?”

            “I’m not really in the mood for this,” I responded dully, turning around to enter my room again.

            “Okay, sorry. Anyways, Abigail from the coffee shop agreed to go on a date with me!” Tony sounded really happy. Good for him. Everyone’s happy but me.

            “Yay.” I closed my bedroom door behind me and went to go lie on my bed. Realizing I was probably making a mess, I stripped out of my soaking clothes and headed to my connecting bathroom.

            Instead of a shower, I decided on a relaxing bath. I set the water at the hottest setting and waited for the tub to fill. For the next half hour, I could just relax and think and no one would bother me.

            Around eight o’clock, I finally got out of the bathtub and got dressed in my fuzziest pajamas. I didn’t feel very upset by the confrontation with Ashton anymore; instead I just felt numb.

            I sat in bed and grabbed my phone. Four missed calls from Lee. Maybe she had heard about what happened.

            “Evelyn!” Lee was very loud when she picked up her phone. “I heard about Ashton and I’m so sorry sweetie. Are you okay?”

            “I’m fine. I don’t really need any pity right now,” I sighed, lying back and pulling the covers up to my chin. “Or sympathy. I just want to sleep.”

            “Nuh uh, we’re talking about this,” Lee insisted. “So are you really done talking to Ashton forever?”

            “Look Lee, it just wasn’t going to work out and he just kept hurting me. Everything will just go back to the way it was before we met,” I told my best friend, hoping she’d drop the subject.

            “Well what about your fake relationship, is that going to be over as well?” She asked doubtfully.

            “It was only to get back at Brooke and I don’t really care what she thinks about me anymore,” I responded, closing my eyes.

            “Hmm… well I hate to leave you sweetie, but Ryan and I are going out for ice cream now. Are you sure you’re okay?” she asked, concerned.