Chapter 14

I apologize for any mistakes. It's late.

            Why did I do that? Oh my god, it’s going to be so awkward now. I feel so embarrassed. I can’t believe I kissed his cheek. What was I thinking? Oh right, I wasn’t thinking.

            I was currently lying awake at two in the morning, completely over-analyzing the situation. I wished I could go back in time and not have kissed Ashton. But then again, why am I freaking out about this? It’s not like I have a crush on him or anything… that would be ridiculous. I’ve only known him for about three weeks anyways.

             Wow, I was seriously starting to sound like one of those teens from some dramatic TV show. I need to stop. Realizing that I wasn’t going to fall asleep anytime soon, I pulled my laptop off my bedside table. Something fluttered to the floor, so I quickly leaned over the side of the bed to get a better look. Reaching down, I picked up the piece of paper. It was the drawing Charlie had drawn of Ashton and I when I first met him. The memory brought a faint smile to my lips and I placed the drawing on the table once more.

            I opened the laptop, and the brightness of the screen temporarily blinded me in the darkness of my room. Once my eyes adjusted, I quickly logged onto Facebook with nothing better to do. To my surprise, Lee was online as well. Weird, she never stays up late.

Evelyn Rose: Hey Lee.

A few minutes later, her reply came.

Lee Jackson: Lo. What’s up?

Evelyn Rose: Couldn’t sleep.

Lee Jackson: Thinking about a special someone? ;)

Evelyn Rose: Kind of?

Lee Jackson: Haha, I knew you liked him!

Evelyn Rose: I didn’t say I liked him!

Lee Jackson: I know, but it’s obvious in your tone of voice.

Evelyn Rose: I’m typing though…?

Lee Jackson: Fine, be a difficult person. Guess what?

Evelyn Rose: I’m not going to guess. What?

Lee Jackson: I like someone!!!

I wasn’t surprised because Lee tended to like someone new each week. Her only serious crush was her last boyfriend, Max. But he had moved to California six months ago and they didn’t keep in touch.

Evelyn Rose: Who?

Lee didn’t reply for a few minutes and when I went to check our chat, I saw that she was offline. I sighed, deciding to just ask her about it tomorrow. Before I was about to close the Facebook window, another message popped up. Thinking it was Lee, I clicked it open, but was disappointed to see it was from Brooke.

Brooke Fay: Hey, Loser Lyn.

            The best reaction would probably be to ignore her, but I was annoyed, so I sent her a message back.