Chapter 7

PICTURE OF LEE TO THE SIDE>>>>

We got back to Ashton’s house about half past ten, and I was still pretty shaken up. I don’t think I will ever go to another party.

            “So why isn’t your family at home?” Ashton asked as he unlocked his front door. It’s strange; because that’s the question I wanted to ask him. His parents never seemed to be there.

            “Dad’s at work and Mom is on a business trip. I don’t know where Tony is either, he’s probably at a bar,” I grimaced.

            “Ah.” He replied, walking into the house. It was completely dark, so he went to turn some lights on. “So if you’re gonna stay over, what do you want to do?”

            “Can we watch a movie?” I asked, walking over to the rack of DVDs in the living room.

            “Sure, pick one out. I’ll go make some popcorn,” he called from the kitchen. I smiled; maybe the rest of the night wouldn’t be too horrible.

            I flicked through the DVDs until I came to one of my favorites. I took it out of the case and put it into the player, trying to figure out how the remote and TV worked. I was not very tech savvy, especially when it came to other people’s TVs.

            A few minutes later, Ashton flopped down next to me on the couch with a big bowl of popcorn and two cans of beer.

            I narrowed my eyes at him as he tried to hand me one of the cans. “I don’t drink,” I stated.

            “Oh, one beer won’t hurt you. Lighten up.” He said, placing the popcorn between us and facing the movie which had just started. “The Lion King? Seriously?” He asked incredulously, once he saw what it was.

            “What’s wrong with the Lion King? It’s probably one of my favorite movies ever!” I said defiantly.

            He chuckled. “Ha, nothing. It’s just that out of all the movies to pick, you chose one of Charlie’s.”

            “Hmph,” I turned back to the movie, watching as ‘The Circle of Life’ began. About ten minutes in, Ashton popped open his beer.

            “Are you really not going to drink yours?” He asked, looking at me, his amber eyes bright. As I met his gaze, I couldn’t help but wonder how I had never noticed how nice his eyes were.

            “You have pretty eyes,” I blurted. He looked amused, and I immediately blushed. Way to go, Evelyn.

            “Do I?” he smirked. “Thanks Lyn.” I glared at his use of that stupid nickname. We didn’t talk again for a while, just sat there watching the movie and eating popcorn.

            “Wow, Scar is a really crappy brother. I mean, who would actually throw their brother off a cliff?” I giggled, imagining Tony falling off a cliff. “Even I wouldn’t do that to Tony.”

            “Well, if a parent names their kid Scar, it’s probably a good bet that they’ll turn out evil,” Ashton added, grinning.

            “Yeah, you’re probably right,” I agreed, opening my beer and deciding to take a sip. I nearly spit it out. “That’s tastes disgusting!”

            Ashton just laughed. “You get used to it after a while, Princess.” Again with the annoying nicknames. I sighed, taking another small sip of the beer.