Chapter 36

*Nicole*

I know, i know.

I should have talked back when Amanda's mouth was running but i remembered what Char said.

If Eric wasn't gonna talk and all, i couldn't do anything about it.

And to top it all, today is my birthday and nobody greeted me except Chris and Claire.

I couldn't believe Claire knew.

She even gave me some diamond earrings for a birthday present.

I handed my keys to the valet and I headed into my room.

I unlocked my door and there was a huge birthday card with my picture in front and a bottle of grape wine in ice waiting for me.

Who could have done this?

I picked the card and saw Eric, Char and Chris's name.

Tears pricked the corner of my eyes and I made a mental note to call Chris and Char at least and send them to Eric.

I opened my twitter and I had over a thousand mentions, all of them wishing me a happy birthday.

I heard a knock on my door and opened it to see flowers and flowers and flowers and flowers and a massive amount of gifts in different people's hands.

"Umm for who?" I asked overwhelmed.

"You, Miss Peters. Your agent sent them and said to tell you there are more waiting for you in L.A. They are from fans and well-wishers. Happy birthday." one said.

Oh my days.

"Thank you. Would you do me a favour?"

"Sure ma'am."

"Would you please send some over to different hospitals and give me the names so I can visit them later?"

"Wow. Yes. Immediately."

"Thank you. Thank you very much. And I'd send some of the gifts down so you can take them to some orphanages too."

"Fine. I'd just do all that at once and send the names of the hospitals and orphanages."

"Perfect. And one more thing, try to keep this away from the paparazzi. It may be impossible but please just try."

"Yes ma'am." and the man walked out.

I arranged the gifts and flowers I wanted to give out into piles and heard a knock.

"Come in." I said when I unlocked the door.

Char walked in and Chris followed her closely behind.

"You really shouldn't do that birthday girl. It could have been paparazzi and by the way, they are camping outside," Char said as she gave me a tight hug, "happy birthday."

I couldn't find my voice and Chris gave me a kiss on the cheek and walked out, leaving me with Char.

"I don't understand. What's going on?" I asked as she was going through my closet.

"We are going out for your birthday you silly chicka."

"Char I don't want to ruin your relationship with Er- him." I said painfully.

Just saying his name brings back memories.

"Nic shut up, ok? I am taking you out and you are going to dress up. Are you going to stand there like the statue of liberty or what?"

I chuckled and looked through my closet with her.

You all must have noticed that arguing with Char is a futile attempt as she always always wins.