Barbados 4

Buzz.... Buzz

Buzz... Buzz

Dominique woke up to the sound of an alarm clock near her bed, and turned off the snooze button. It was strange though since she didn't recall setting one up the night before, especially at 7 am in the morning, but believed that Lauryn did it for her.

As Dominique raised her hands and yawned, she looked to the left side to see if her friend was still sleeping in her bed.

But to her shock, the white blankets looked like they were untouched, and the fluffy pillows didn't have any wrinkles upon them.

Thus, an anxious Dominique quickly got out of bed and screamed her roommate's name.

"Lauryn, Lauryn! Where are you? You can't do this to me!"

But as she got closer to the half-closed bathroom door, she heard a low murmur inside.

Umm...Umm....

Dominique didn't know what to think of who could be in the hut with her at early sunrise, so the closest thing she could find as protection... was the irritating alarm clock on the night stand!

Once it was unplugged, she grabbed it and opened the bathroom door

Dominique was ready to use the clock as tool, but then found out that it was her best friend that was moaning all along.

Lauryn still had the same clothes on from the previous day, so her friend knew that she had come home last night or early morning.

In actuality, Lauryn had come home past midnight, but instead of going straight to bed, she passed out on the bathroom floor.

Thus, Dominique put the clock down, and patted her friend to wake up.

As Lauryn turned to the side, Dominique saw that her eyes were slightly red, and knew that she was drunk.

Gesturing Lauryn to stand up and to lie in her own bed, the best friend did everything she could.

"Come on Lauryn, upsy-daisy! Come on my friend! I know you can hear me. Open your eyes! You need bed rest."

At this moment Lauryn opened her saggy eyes, and turned to her friend with a smile. Touching her cheek, Lauryn burst into laughter and smiled.

"Domi! Do-mi! Do-re -mi- fa-so." She laughed, but not for long. "Oh my aching head!"

Once the drunken woman touched her forehead, Dominique grabbed her hand.

"Come with me Lauryn, you are not yourself right now. Lie down and I will find you some hot coffee to drink."

When the two eventually headed to Lauryn's bed, Dominique tucked her friend, before heading off to find a place where they sold beverages.

~~