Barbados 2

As the plane landed on the airport runway, sunny skies welcomed the passengers to the island of Barbados.

The two friends then grabbed their purses and carry-on luggage from the upper compartments as they were eager to embark the new experiences of this journey. And as they got off the final steps of the stairway that led them to the ground, a lanky figure approached them.

Lauryn was the first to see this masculine heartthrob, as her cheeks became pink and rosy.

The man before them was tall and broad-shouldered, with a mop of dark hair and had the most serious looking eyebrows that were offset by a boyish grin. His eyes were dark brown and had bronze tan skin.

However, there was an odd lightness about his eyes, and a small curve to his lips, as if there were something terribly funny that only he knew the answer to.

And it was that brief wicked glance that only Dominique saw that made her uncomfortable.

"Welcome to Barbados ladies. May I take your bags?"

As Lauryn kept blushing, she giggled with excitement to please the handsome stranger who had the foreign accent.

"Yes, we both thank you!"

He bowed down and as he rose he grinned.

"It is my pleasure for two beautiful women."

Lauryn kept her wide mouth open, and started walking toward him like a flirtatious 'Jessica Rabbit', which annoyed Dominique. Thus, she nudged Lauryn on the shoulder to stop flaunting herself.

"Are you sure, we are doing the right thing Lauryn? Of all the Caribbean islands you had to pick Barbados. It just seems odd, "she whispered.

Assuring her friend, Lauryn elbowed Dominique back.

"Trust me on this, we'll love it here it here Domi. Besides, I heard this is where Miss Cleo lived after her divorce. She has an attractive son that works somewhere on the island, and who knows maybe we just met him."

This phrase then quickly lit a light bulb in Dominique's mind!

"So, that's why you chose this place! Lauryn has a crush! Lauryn has a crush!"

"Shh... not so loud! Besides, I don't know if I'll ever find him here. I don't even know his name. But we have the whole weekend to explore the island ... oh Domi, isn't this exciting?"

"Yeah, so exciting."

"Oh, cheer up Domi, it will take your mind away from Jack, and all the other bad incidents that happened to you in Florida!"

"Thanks for reminding me, my friend."

Lauryn then grabbed her friend's hand and thanked the mystery man for helping them out.

They took their bags from him, and quickly ran outside of the airport. The girls then hailed for a taxi.

"Let's go and catch a cab now. I booked us two rooms in a place called the "Kokomo."