Barbados 1

And as we leave North and South America, we will virtually sail to the island of Barbados, which is located in the Eastern part of the Caribbean. It is a place where one can take a vacation where he or she can take a load off and seek refuge.

Here, you'll discover a vibrant culture; one that is passionate in spirit and full of life. A place where refined luxury and exceptional culinary delights dance and mingle among lush tropical greenery, where the clear blue waters and warm golden sunlight linger.

I want to do something different for the following four short stories, and that is to make a connection between some of my characters. From the dance that was done in Argentina - the two individuals in that story, Maximilian and Leticia will lead us to the next setting.

Max moved on from Rosario, dumping her as she ignored him after Sergio's arrest, and married his new dance partner instead.

Now Leticia has an aunt named Miss Cleo that the couple visited in Florida, who was a fortune teller or otherwise known as a traveling gypsy. Here the couple also will bump into two women, Dominique and Lauryn, who have a new agenda of their own.

And now, the story begins with a big bang!

The Fortune Teller's Prediction

As the wooden door of the old building, closed with a thud, she knew that Miss Cleo was right. Dominique had to move on with her life; as there was still hope to get over the heartache that brought her here in the first place. Earlier in the day, misfortune happened; so in order to cheer Dominique up, she was asked to seek the gypsy's advice.

She was previously dumped by her boyfriend of three months, and was laid off from her secretarial job for being tardy. The only reasons why she was often late was due to her constant errands her family made her do; which her boss said wasn't a valid excuse. He obviously had enough of her tactics, and since the business was being bought by a huge lender, she was the first one to go.

Then, fifteen minutes after she started packing up her valuables, her now ex-boyfriend, Jack, met Dominique as the elevators opened. It was bad enough that he dumped her on the spot, but it was even more humiliating that it was done inside an elevator, where there were cameras videotaping the whole scene!

Dominique was so mortified, that she didn't even bother to say a word to Jack. She simply gritted her teeth and stared at him; praying that the doors would open soon after they closed behind him. Jack didn't even have the decency to keep them open for her! 

Of all the places, her ex didn't have the common sense to keep quiet. But as soon as the elevators opened, Dominique carried the box she was carrying and walked as fast as she could to get away from him. Running as fast as she could to get away from him, Dominique tripped on her shoe laces and heard bits of laughter surround her.

Furthermore, things couldn't get any worse for Dominique, when a woman accidentally tossed some soda onto her blouse as she waited for a bus ride. 

A child hit Dominique while he was playing tag with his brother, and didn't watch where he was going. Thus, she accidentally bumped into another lady who spilled her drink during the altercation.

This woman, Leticia Gutierrez, offered to clean Dominique's clothes; but the damsel in distress rejected the offer, for Dominique was not in the mood for self pity and wanted to be alone. She was depressed, and needed to get to her best friend as soon as she could. But little did Dominique know that she would be meeting Leticia again in the near future.

And that she would be the answer to her prayers.

~~

As she stepped off that bus, Dominique walked straight to Lauryn's house and knocked on her door, after placing her box of goods on the ground. And as Lauryn let her in, the troublesome girl apparently barged in with tears flowing from her eyes, and was ready to fly into a rage with details of the previous episodes.