Chapter 26

We reach home and they are not there. Olivia says nothing but gives me an assuring smile.

I don't want to go home and face my pregnant mom so I take my phone out to see if I can crash in at Alex's when Jake sits besides me on the sofa.

"You can stay here. Infact you are going to stay here. I want to have an eye on you." He says almost making me crack a smile with his authoritative tone.

I almost smile for him accompanied with a small nod and follow him to the guest room.

He gives me some of his sisters PJ's for me to change into and a towel.

"I will get your dinner here if you don't want to sit with the others." He questions as he leans on the door.

I say nothing but nod and he leaves shutting the door behind me.

I need a warm shower after this big day. I still can't believe that I am going to have a half brother or a half sister.

I am lost for words. I don't want to overthink things either. So I remain in a clean state.

I change into his sisters PJ's and sit down on the bed and cover myself with the blanket.

Just then,I hear a knock on the door.

"India? Can I come in?"Jake asks from the other side.

"Yes Jake!" I exclaim and the door pushes open and reveals Jake.

Jake is rather smashing in his PJ's. I can't help but notice how good he looks. But he was the best friend I needed today.

I don't know if Rosie knows about all this. Maybe my mom would have told her or maybe she didn't. But I don't want to tell her that were expecting a half sibling. I don't want this to affect her in any way.

As Jake sets the food on the bed,I grab my phone from the stand and text Rosie.

Hey Rosie! I am fine! I am staying at Jake's house as I worked late. I will see you tom at 10 in the morning. Be ready! Good night :)

"Why the phone hurry all of a sudden?" Jake asks me as he offers the sandwich to me.

"I was just informing my sister that I am safe here........Jake?"I nearly whisper his name as I observe him pour milk into my mug.

"Yes India?" He stops and looks up at me in concern.

"Thank you for running behind me and spending the entire time with me. It really helped me a lot."

"It was my duty India!" He smiles as he gestures me to take a bite of my sandwich.

"Duty?" I question him as I eat some of my sandwich.

"Ummm...ya....as a good friend. Like the saying 'a friend in need is a friend indeed'. Let me give you an example; when one dog is hurt or in trouble, his fellow dogs run to its rescue."he says sitting on the bed opposite to me.

I burst out laughing unable to control my laughter. He watches me in utter shock with a sly smile.

"Did I say something that amused the princess?" He says between chuckles.

"You and your lame examples! So this example thing, is it usual?" I ask him as I continue to eat my sandwich and my laughter slowly subsides to giggles.

"Examples are stated for better understanding,miss!" He tells in the cutest way that I almost want to kiss him.

I have totally forgotten about my bad day and just causally spending time with Jake. Just talking and laughing, I miss having such moments in my life.

"Why the frown? Lost in thoughts again?" Jake asks me confused but a concerned look plastered on his face.

"I'm fine! I still didn't understand that any better with that dog example. If anything I got from that was you comparing us to dogs." I sip my milk from the mug as I look at him chuckling.

"You know India, you have the most beautiful,round eyes I have ever seen. Very magnetic!" He says as he looks straight into my hazel eyes.

"Mmmm...thanks Jake!
You have blue eyes that I love,you just get lost in those ocean blue eyes. It's like staring at the sea and how it disappears after the horizon yet you follow the waters carefully to see what lies beyond. The conundrum of that theory is amusing."

He says nothing but continues to be lost in my eyes. I don't move either but lost in his ocean blue eyes.

After about five minutes,my phone starts vibrating and we break our eye contact.

I swear If that had lasted longer,we would have kissed. But i wouldn't have regretted it. Jake is a nice guy and I feel that I'm falling for him slowly yet quite hardly.

There was something about him that left me curious, the first time he came to get his book after I swapped my psychology book with his.

And all our other encounters led us to being friends and hanging out and now here.

I am glad I met him, he's definitely a good friend but now,he's more than just a friend.

I pick up my phone to see a customer call number but cut it. I hate them for ruining the moment but I'm a little relieved too because the call stopped us from nearly kissing.

I want the perfect first kiss, not after a bad day.

And when I kiss a person,I want us to be madly in love with each other.

I may be falling for him and he maybe falling for me too,but I want to be in love with him when I kiss him.

If it's not him then I'll wait for the right guy.

Who knows? He could be the right guy for me or maybe it's just an infatuation.

He takes the food tray after wishing me goodnight and shuts the door behind him.

I switch off the night lamp and cuddle under my blanket and slowly drift off to sleep,the much needed sleep from morning.

Author's note:

Hello to the wonderful readers!

Thank you so much for reading guys! I hope you enjoy reading 'this is just the beginning'

Please vote and comment!

And please bare with my spelling errors or any grammatical errors.

All the drama and romance has just started so stay tuned!

Enjoy reading ! :)