Chapter 20

As the end semester is nearing, the classes in school become hectic. We hardly have time like before. I hardly see my friends as we have different classes and don't share much classes together. I spend my lunch breaks in library taking notes. I want to get good grades to get into an Ivy League. I bump into Jake sometimes during intervals. Me,Alex and Janis do group studies once a week at Alex's house.

--------------------------------------------
One week of exams and now the semester is over and it's summer. As soon as the bell rings, the corridors are filled with laughter and talking; basically noise. We dump our books into the lockers and walk to our cars. Alex suggested we get ice cream because apparently she's craving for ice cream. And Alex and Blake are officially dating so you can never see them separated. So Janis,myself,Nathan,Alex,Blake and Jake head to the downtown ice cream parlor.

We order our ice creams and take our seats. Everyone is laughing and teasing one another. Our orders start to arrive. Blake and Alex are busy flirting. Nathan and Janis are as usual fighting about something. That leaves me and jake to be the normal people in that gang.

I dig into my butter scotch and Jake takes a bite of his brownie.

"I spoke to my mom and she asked if you could join from tomorrow. It's summer and a lot of weddings are on the way. " Jake asks me as he eagerly waits for my reply.

Oh boy ! Am I happy? Right now I feel like getting up and giving Jake a big hug. He's got me an early internship and I get to do something I love doing.

I smile widely as I say,"oh wow Jake! Thank you so much! You tell me the place and time and I'll be there. I am so excited! Thanks Jake!"

"My pleasure India ! Nice to see you so excited. Didn't portray you as a cheerleading type."

"Cheerleading ? Hey! I was excited so I expressed my happiness. Squealing doesn't mean I am a cheerleader." I warn him playfully.

We pay the bill and head to our cars. We wish each other goodbye. Nathan is going with his dad to New York. His dad is going on a business trip so he's accompanying him. As for Janis, she goes to live with her grandma in Pittsburg every summer. Alex is going to Florida with her family for a week. Blake I heard has got an internship at the local bank. He aspires to be an accountant. I am not sure what Jake is going to do though. But I'm happy he got me a summer job.

It's 9pm and I had an early dinner with Rosie. I haven't seen my mom for a long time but it's good because I don't have to have that wedding talk with her.

I slip into my PJ's and slide into my bed under the thick covers. I love sleeping in warmth even if it's summer. The Californian summer breeze is quite chill. I am so happy I get to work and it's all because of Jake so I decide to send him a thank you text.

Hey Jake! I wanted to thank you for the job offer. It means a lot to me. :)

I get a notification even before placing my phone on the night stand and it's Jake.

Hey! As I said earlier, my pleasure India. My mom is lucky, she gets a good designer to help her out. Btw, come to my house tom morn at 9am. My mom will tell you what to do from there.
-Jake

Sure thanks a ton! And I would love to go horse riding again. It was an amazing experience. ^_^

You sure do use a lot of emojis! Well what can I say? You and Alex are like soul sisters. Can see the resemblance...LOL! Definitely, anytime you want to.
-Jake

You're quite the charmer. You use a lot Of emojis too!
So how is it possible for you to be single? Alex has told me you have a big fan base. :P

HAHA..hope you're not mocking me. I don't want to brag about myself. Blake is the one who's always good with girls. I haven't met the right one yet! You see i'm preserving the best for the best!
-Jake

Well now it's my turn to laugh! I wish you best of luck on your quest to find "the best for the best!" Very intriguing I must say!

Have i told you that I'm a sucker for the English accent? It's so cute and pudgy!
-Jake

Podgy? It means fat..HAHA! The English accent ain't fat...!

Yeah I know the meaning. It's a British reference. But the word podgy is cute and I find the accent to be 'fat and cute'.
What's wrong in that?
-Jake

You're funny Jake! Good night! Zzz

Good night India!
-Jake