Chapter 2

Hey guys! Please don't be a silent reader and do comment and share your opinion on this story till now. Enjoy reading !!please forgive me for any spelling errors or grammatical errors. That is Jake above !

************************************

It's been exactly a year at Green leaf high school. It's given me nothing less than I had thought of. People here at California are very welcoming and warm. I reached my house around 5pm yesterday after shopping with Alex at the mall. I bought two skinny jeans, a Levi's t-shirt, a white tank top, a jean skirt and brown boots that I just couldn't take my eyes off from at clark's. We even got ice cream on our way.

As I enter pre senior year, I could feel the tension growing as I have to work harder for my grades to get into a good university. I meet my friends Alex, Janis and Nathan near the lockers. George is missing as usual. He's probably late because he's a Star bucks addict. He just can't live without their chocolate latte and croissant with strawberry jam. He's lucky Star bucks is only 15 minutes away from his house.
Nathan and Janis are arguing about some topic which me and Alex are least interested to know, So we ignore them and walk to the library to return our books from last semester. Janis and Nathan head to their first period, which is economics.

Ms Ashley, the library in-charge asks us for our ID cards. We hand it over to her and pay the fine for the books. It's not new to me as I always forget to return my books that semester itself. I give the change to Alex and walk over to the psychology section to get a reference book as it's one of my electives. I've always been fascinated by the subject. I may even take it up as my major after high school if I don't get through the entrance exam for architecture.

I start browsing through the book racks and find a small beginners guide, I grab it and rush to the counter. I slide my ID card into the book so Ms Ashley can make the entry. The bell for the first period has already gone. Alex is waiting for me outside the library gesturing for me to hurry up. I never knew boys borrow books as suddenly boys surround the library. As Ms Ashley stamps the due date on the receipt stuck to the back of the book, I hear my phone vibrate. I open to see who texted me but the guys behind nudge me so I quickly drop the book into the bag and walk out.

Me and Alex are late by like four minutes to our first period, which is ancient history. Ms Kelly, being the nice person she is, excused us. We take our seats.

Ms Kelly is about five feet, and always wears knee length, dark colored skirts with stockings. She wears a full sleeve shirt and a blazers on top of it, as usual. She has short black hair that stops a little below her ears. She definitely doesn't have a great sense of fashion. She will mix and match the most horrible combinations of colors like pale yellow and brown. In addition to this, she wears these big red nerdy glasses. But she doesn't put us to sleep like most history teachers do, instead she gives us seminars and group activities so we don't die of boredom. She also doesn't mind the class being a little noisy unlike some teachers who expect you to maintain pin drop silence like you're at a funeral.

I don't know how the first three periods passed but here I am with my best friends at our usual lunch table talking and playing like we always do. George is too busy eating so he doesn't pay heed to what we are talking about. He's a foodie, he likes to eat and sleep. Janis and Nathan are once again found arguing. Janis says the vanilla frappe is better in our school canteen than the chocolate one. Nathan as always has to oppose that because he's a chocolate addict. Don't ask me why Janis hates chocolate. She's just different. She doesn't like to doll up like other girls. She's just simple and super nerdy with straight A's in all her papers. Her dream is to serve the society so she wishes to become a doctor and travel the world to help the needy.