Chapter 16

This is for a very special reader @sushmithavenugopal. Thanks for reading guys! Please vote and comment.

The summer break has begun. I don't have a great summer planned ahead. But I definitely want to find a job for me. I want to save some money apart from the monthly allowance I get. I head downstairs and spot my mom in a messy bun looking into her laptop.
She turns and smiles at me.

"Good morning. I want to take my girls shopping today." She says,smiling as she drinks her coffee.

"Shopping for what?" I ask confused.

She doesn't reply but continues to work. I wonder if she heard what I said in the first place. I go into the kitchen and grab a bowl to eat cereal.

"I want to take you girls brides maid dress shopping ". She's says cheerfully.

That's it! I've had enough. I exit the room. I don't even want her to get married to that Luke guy and bridesmaid is just way out of the league.

I eat my cereal while my phone starts to vibrate.

Good morning India ! How's your first few hours of summer break?-Jake

Good morning Jake ! First few minutes for me. Not exactly good! How about you?

Just now woke up...LOL. Have any plans today? -Jake

As of now, nothing. You?

There's this place, it's a surprise ! wanna come? -Jake

Surprise ? What kind of place?

You will see soon yourself. Will pick you up around 3pm. :) -Jake

I wonder what kind of place it could be. I speed dial Alex to ask if she knows since Blake and Jake are like brothers.

"Hello Alex! Wakey wakey ! "

"Good morning Inds! Up so early? Sup?"

"Jake invited me to this secret place. Do you anything about it?"

"Oh at 3 pm? Yes i do as a matter of fact but I can't tell you. It's a surprise. Besides I'll be there, Blake called me too. You are going to have fun love !"

" you know I hate surprises and love them. But this secret place better be good. See you then Alex!"

This place really is a mystery and I can't wait to get there and see what's so special about it. My frends really do help me take my mind of things happening at home.

It's 2:45pm and I'm still not ready. I wasted my entire day by watching episodes of Pretty little liars on Netflix.
I rummage through my wardrobe only to find a 3/4th white Jean and a sky blue sleeveless top. I slip into white and silver flats and grab my cardigan and phone before I close my room door behind me. Rosie is out at her friends place. I don't bother to tell my mom as I know I won't come past my curfew so I just a leave a note on the fridge. As I walk out of my house, the pleasant Californian breeze greets me. Jake's BMW pulls in at the right time. He walks out with a nice white t shirt and khaki shorts and his brown hair is messed as always.

"Hey India ! Ready?" He greets as he walks towards me.

"Hey! Yes ready to see that secret place you know."

He chuckles lightly at my response and we both head to the car. This is going to be one exciting day and I can't wait for it.