Chapter 22

It's already 9:15am and I still haven't left home to meet Olivia's manager. He said he will meet me in star bucks.I already have some ideas in mind. Olivia told me that the couple getting married are expecting a baby soon.

"Hey India right? Olivia's manager, Bob. "A 6-feet tall man in black suit greets me. His green eyes are sharp as an archer's aim.

"Good morning Mr Bob. Sorry if I'm late." I say as I take my seat opposite to him  by the window sill.

"No problem Ms India but I prefer the employees to be punctual. You're late by exactly six minutes. Anyways moving on to the topic in hand. What have you got in mind for the wedding ?"

"Sorry sir! I'll be on time from next time. Yes sir, I was thinking we could have baby themed napkins for the tables but the classic white for napkins and the table cloth but nice lavender flowers in the vases and Rose scented candles encircling the flower vase in each table. I also imagined beautiful white flowers to mark the entrance of the bride along the aisle. White and lavender are the bride's favorite colors so I thought the arch could be decorated with nice white roses and lavender. The chairs can be covered with white but lavender ribbon so they match the lavender flowers . So it's basically a white and lavender wedding. I have some ideas for the lighting and the chandeliers and I have much more too." I tell him as he slowly sips the coffee and listens to me.

He doesn't reply for about five minutes and I swear to god that's been the most awkward moment in my entire life. I don't even eat my baguette as I just awkwardly wait for him to say something,anything at this point.

He puts his coffee down and looks at me for a good ten seconds which seems like ten million years and he gets up from his chair. I am shocked by his action and clueless as to how to respond.

"Ms India, you can relax now. You're good. I like your ideas. Here's the card, go meet Harry and tell him everything you need for the occasion and he will get it done for you. All the best!" He says before leaving.

I am so happy and I just stand there for a moment and take it in just as my phone starts vibrating. It's Alex!

Hey India! I am coming back tomorrow.

What?why? What happened to the beaches and the hot Florida boys?

I'm Boarding the flight tonight.My dad has some important meeting back home!

Well I'm excited you're back because guess what?

WhAaaat? Don't make me wait I hate surprises, you know that?

My job loves me and I love it too! I'm having a great time.

Oh that's all? Well I'm glad for you babe.

That's all? What do you mean? I am having fun and not staying home remember ?

Yes yes dear! Now gotta hang up! See you tom after work maybe?

Sure Alex! Give me a call when you reach! Bye!

I had a long day with Harry finalizing certain things. I drive to Jake's house to drop some papers for Olivia.

I drive into Jake's driveway. I get out with the file in my hand and spot Jake on the porch. He's busily texting someone by the look of the smirks
On his face.

"Hey India! I was expecting you. My mom had to run some last minute errands. She said she will meet you tomorrow at 10am."

"Oh good well then I'll give you the file. Please pass it to her and thanks!"

"I've got something else for you too. Well good news but it's a surprise. Blake wants to throw a dinner party this weekend for his friends and he wants the girls to be present there too."
He says excitedly as he holds the front door for me to enter.

"Oh nice! Any special occasion?" I ask as I launch myself on the leather sofa.

"Well you will get to know on Sunday at 7pm." He says as he sits on the opposite side,his eyes glued on mine.

I just love the way I feel when I look into blue eyes. It's mesmerizing and it's mysterious. It seems adventurous and dangerous but you want to still take a shot and see where it leads to.

"Well okay then! I look forward to the surprise! I better be on my way! Good night Jake!" I get up and give me a wave and see myself to the door.

Blake and Alex have been dating only for a few months now. They look so cute together like a made for each other couple. They compliment each other and I assume that's a vital element for a healthy relationship.

I wonder what the surprise element is.  Personally I love surprises but then I hate them too. If it's a long wait,I'll die of excitement. Since it's a surprise,I better keep quiet about this to Alex. Let her find out for herself. Who knows? The surprise  could be for her too.

I contemplate as I slowly drift off to sleep. I have a long week ahead for sure.