Chapter 18

I feel like I have never had such sound sleep in ages. I stretch and force myself out of my blanket and push myself to the bathroom.

I have no plans for today but who cares, only when you plan something it doesn't go well, unplanned plans are cool and thrilling. I make myself hot chocolate and sit on the kitchen counter.

"Good morning hon" my mom wished me.

"Morning" I reply back. You say morning only to those people who you don't want to wish.

"I wanted to talk to you India. My wedding is in two weeks and I want my two daughters to look good in my wedding. Am i asking something wrong ?" She says keenly waiting for me to reply.

I stop that instant and nothing really specific is running in my mind.

"Wrong? Oh no what you're asking is definitely right. Look at me..I don't care. I am not attending any stupid wedding of yours. We haven't heard from dad and what kind of a woman are you? Don't make me move out of this house. And if I want I'll take Rosie with me too. I don't ever want to see you again and I mean those words despite you being my biological mother. You tore this family apart and there's no hope of bringing this family together again and I blame you for it. I believe in one love which lasts till the end, not like yours which keeps shifting periodically. I may be 18 but this what I strongly believe in. And I request you to make my senior years peaceful so I can get the hell out of here." with that I walk out without even waiting for her to react.

I'm done with this sick life and I want a fresh start and I'm waiting to graduate from school so I can get into one of the ivy leagues and never come back unless required of course. I will only come back to see my sister, Rosie.

She totally spoilt my morning. I get ready and write a note outside Rosie's room that I'll come back soon and leave to Alex's house.

I arrive at Alex's house in less than 30 minutes. I knock on the front door and no one answers it. So I take my phone to call her .

"Hey lazy! I am outside your house. Come open the door." I snap without even waiting for her to reply.

The door opens in less than two minutes and Alex stares at me for a few seconds but I ignore her glances and walk inside.

"What got you in such a bad mood in the morning itself?" She asks while I sit on her kitchen counter. The house is so quiet so I'm guessing she has the house to herself.

"My mom is getting married and she wants me to come to her stupid wedding." I say angrily but deep within I'm so upset.

"India, I know you're angry. But she's a grown woman. Let her make her own decision maybe the marriage between your dad and her wasn't pleasant like they hoped. Not every wedding will last long like the fairy tales you dream of." She's says ever so calmly so I don't get irritated.

I know what she's saying is right but I'm just hurt and I am not able to accept it.

"I know Alex but it's hard for me to accept it. Ever since childhood, why does my life suck? Can it get any worse?" I ask her as tears start falling down on my cheeks.

"I know baby. I'm sorry. You have got to believe that it will get better. You're strong. You've over come all the obstacles so far haven't you?" She says as she gives me a warm hug.

"Okay how about we have some girl time today? I'll get ready and come and we shall hit the mall first !" She says cheerily as she breaks the hug.

I force a smile and walk to the living room to watch some tv as she gets ready.

After about 45 minutes, we pull into the mall and walk hopelessly through all the shops. I am usually good at shipping but gods is just now my day. Alex drags me to this shop exclusively for prom dresses. All the dresses look so beautiful. God they really lifted my mood. Both of us go through all the beautiful dresses. A beautiful peacock blue dress with a satin ribbon of the same color around the waist caught my eye. It looked so elegant and simple.

"Nice dress eh? I think you will look super sexy in that." Alex says from behind me.

"But no occasion to get this dress." I say sadly.

"Don't think about occasions, just get it. I am getting this pretty pink prom dress with sequins on top. My bare back will be seen too. Blake will love it." She smiles widely as she walks with the dress in her hands.

I get the dress anyways because I know she won't let me leave the mall without me getting it. I turn around to see a beautiful red top and skirt hanging on a mannequin. It has a nice round opening at the back and the short top is sequined and glittery and the skirt falls till your ankles. Red has always been my favorite color."

It's 2 pm and we bought dresses even matching heels for the dresses and now we're at MC'D. I ordered a chicken burger and she went with paneer one. It's shocking that she's ordering paneer because she's a chicken addict. I am so thankful to Alex because this shopping has really helped me calm down.

"Do you want to go to a movie tonight? Me and Blake are going and I'm sure Jake can accompany you." Alex says as she bites into her burger.

"Nah! It's ok! I don't want to be a third wheel. Besides that sounds more like a double date." I sigh as I sip into my coke.

"Why not? Jake is cute isn't he? I think you guys will make a cute couple. " she chuckles as she continues to eat and give me the teasing smile.

"Alex! I don't date you know that? Int have time for all that. Besides I want a committed relationship for life. How do you high school love will last till the end."

"You sound worse than my grandma. This age is for dating. It's not like you're getting married at 18. Just have fun will you?" She says as she gets up to dispose our trays. I roll my eyes at her.

I might as well go for the movie rather than sit at home because I'm sure my mom will start talking again about that like and that stupid wedding. I know I can't miss the wedding but right now I'm not ready to think about that. I still have two weeks to make up my mind and for my mom to change her mind.

Shopping with your friends is so much fun. It really helps you take your mind off things that are disturbing you.

Authors note:
Thank you all for reading and I hope you're enjoying it so far. Please bare with my spelling errors or grammatical errors. I will edit it once the book is over.

Enjoy reading ! :)

Please vote and comment!

A photo of the blue dress India bought  is added so check that out too!