The Bet *Into the Wild

I made a Facebook page! Click the external link, and kindly like it if you have a Facebook account. Or just search: Ilurvbooks

There are two songs for this chapter: Shakespeare in Love by Layla Kaylif and Forever and a Day by Jem :)

 Happy Reading, and enjoy! (:

 Chapter 29 *Into the Wild*

 ~Sophia

I hate crying, especially beside a person I dislike. I don’t want to be weak. I can’t let anyone see I’m hurting.

 There’s a fire burning in my chest, suffocating me, making it hard to breathe.

 What kind of parents are they, for just leaving me on my own? Where are they now?! Are they together? What are they doing? Why did they leave me? So many questions are left unanswered, making my head want to explode.

 I should stop thinking about them. In the first place they didn’t think of what will happen to me. They are so selfish! Since Matt died, all they think about is their selves. It’s like they don’t have a child anymore.

 I put my fist in my mouth to stop the scream starting to build in my throat. The sob and hiccup are waiting for me to breakdown so that I can let them out. Tears are brimming at the back of my eyes but I do the best I can to hold them. How come I have a lot of liquid in my body? I want to be numb this moment to not experience this pain inside me. It’s too much to bear.

 I shake my head to clear my mind off these thoughts. I have to think of just where I am now.

 We’ve been driving for what feel like hours. I don’t know where in the world he’s taking me. This guy I despise, asked me to trust him. How can I when I know that he’s just doing this because of a bet? I’m just a pawn in his sick twisted game.

 And that stupid thought makes a tear from my eye escapes. I wipe it away with a shaking hand. I don’t know what to do with my life. The world is crashing down around me.

 In the corner of my eye, I see Draky glancing at me every now and then. Maybe he’s waiting for the time I’ll freak out again. I won’t give him that satisfaction. I don’t want him to see me like that again-- vulnerable.

 I force myself to be brave, but in this kind of situation it’s hard. But still, I try. There’s no harm in trying. I look at the window of the car but I don’t see anything. My eyes are blurry.

 I let the guy beside me to take me wherever he wants. And then I remember something. Even though it doesn’t count as a goal, it makes my life worth living. I’ll graduate in high school, and then go to college. Before that, my abstract goal is to make Drake Swift fall in love with me. It’s not a good thing; revenge, but I need it to look forward to the future. Besides, I have a feeling that he’s just doing this for the bet. What more is there, right?

 He doesn’t know what’s happening in my life. He doesn’t have a right to mess it! Didn’t he listen to the discussion earlier? When will he stop this game of his? If ever he stops, will I forgive him? Maybe. Maybe not. Only time will tell. Perhaps when all the wounds in my heart starts to heal.

 I’m not going to hurt him. I’m just going to make him fall in love with me. As they say, you have to play in order to win. Besides, I’m still going to tutor him. He should be thankful because despite what he’s doing, I’m helping him. Anyway, I need the time of tutoring to make him fall in love with me.