Chapter 8

The next morning, I can hear the boys stirring and I peak my eye open to see them sitting at the kitchen table in their bath robes. Both are clearly hung over and are rubbing their faces with their hands trying to make the pounding in their heads go away.

"Good morning, boys!" I yell loudly and they groan.

"Shut up." Murphy grumbles and clutches his head.

"Aye, my head's about to explode." Connor huffs and I giggle.

I get off of the bed and start a pot of coffee for them like the nice person I am.

"You know your ma is going to kill you two right?" I state as I get out some eggs and bacon out of the fridge and ready the frying pan.

"You better not say a word to her!" Murphy growls and I raise my eyebrows as I look over at him.

"Oh, I'm not saying anything. But you two are!" I hiss and point my finger at them. 

"Please not now, Rayne. I'm too hungover for this shit." Connor chimes in.

"Whatever dickheads." I mumble and begin to ignore them. The grumps.

Just as I'm about to crack an egg and put it in the frying pan, I hear a crash and shriek as our apartment door falls from its hinges and down to the floor. Murphy reacts quickly and pulls me behind him.

"Freeze you fuckin' Irish faggots." It's Ivan and he's limping around with a white bandage on his butt. 

The other man has some bandages around the top his head. Ivan storms over to Connor and gives him some handcuffs as he shoves him towards the toilet. He orders him to cuff his hands around the bottom and even checks them. Making sure they click tightly around his wrists. 

There is blood streaming down Connor's forehead from Ivan hitting him on the head with the butt of his gun.

"I come here to kill you. Now, I don't think I kill you. I kill your fuckin' brother and that pretty wife of yours. I shoot them both in the head." Ivan says sadistically in his face.

I tense at Ivan's words and look at Murphy in fear. He squeezes my hand tightly in his own. 

The other man that came in with Ivan,had the two of us down on our knees with a gun pointed to our heads, constantly moving it back and forth between us as Ivan walks back over.

"Connor!" Murph and I yell as the two men start dragging us out of the room, gripping the back of our clothes.

"It's just a fuckin' bar fight! You guys are fuckin' pussies!" Murph yells trying to shrug the mans hands off of him. We both glance back at Connor one last time before they push us out of the room.

"Murph! Rayne!" Connor is yelling our names frantically as they lead us out the door. 

The ride down the elevator is the worst. Murphy and I breath heavily, knowing there is no way we are getting out of this. Our heartbeats could probably be heard if we listened close enough. Once it the door opens again they lead us to the alley way behind our building. 

One of them grabs my hair and pushes me forward to the ground making my head hit the concrete with a sickening crack.

"Get the fuck off of her!" Murphy snarls trying to get to me, but the men just force him on his knees beside me. One of them grabs my shirt and pulls me to mine as well. I feel like I'm about to pass out. Part of me hopes I do. I don't want to be away when they try and kill me.

Ivan finally stands in front of us and tells us he hopes our consciences are clear.  Tho other stands behind watching for any witnesses for this murder.