Chapter 2

By five o'clock in the evening, people started coming into the bar just as they got off of work. More than likely ready relieve some stress. 

Doc really didn't have to train me much since I already had some minor experience bartending before. Most people that came in just ordered simple shots of whiskey or a beer. 

Bartending was the easiest part of the job though, it was the customers you usually had to worry about. 

Drunk men loved to cause problems. Whether they were fighting over a game of pool, to whose pecker was the biggest, it didn't matter. As long as they found a reason to fight, they would. Always leaving a chaotic mess behind for the workers to clean up.

There was one man in particular that had already been harassing me for hours on end and was driving me to my breaking point. My patience was wearing so thin only a fiber of thread held it together.

I busied myself gathering empty bottles from tables and minded my own business. 

Trying the best I could to hurry and ignore all of the wolf whistles as I bent over and wiped the table tops off after clearing them of trash.

It was so irritating to listen to, and the over abundance of male testosterone was enough to make me want to puke. Doc had watched me worriedly the entire time and I could see his tic becoming more prominent as he started to stress. 

I wasn't quite sure if it was because he was scared for me, or scared of what my reaction would be. He must not have seemed to think I could take care of myself by the looks he was sending my way.

Little did he know...

The minute one of the men slapped my ass as I walked by the pool table, I lost it. 

The thin fiber of thread holding my patience together ripped in half as if it had never been there. 

Turning to look at him, a smug smirk was stretched across his face while both hands gripped onto a pool que.

I gritted my teeth and gave him a look that would surely kill.

"Why don't you and me have ourselves a quickie in the bathroom? What do ya' say?" He said and wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. I just scoffed in disgust and shook my head.

"You couldn't pay me enough to sleep with you jackass. Not even for all the money in the world!" I spat lifting up my lip in repulsion. His smirk turned to a frown and his eyes clouded with anger. It was like someone flipped a switch.

"You wanna repeat what you just said to me you little bitch?!" He snarled taking a step towards me.

"Awww. Did I hurt your feelings?" I mocked in a sad voice making his buddies laugh and snicker behind him. That made him even more livid and his fingers tightened their hold on the pool que.

When he lunged at me, I was ready for it. He swung the pool stick at me and leaned back out of the way just in time. It was so close I felt the air whoosh across my cheek. Wasting no time after he swung, I punched him in the face with my fist as hard as I could, all I could here was a sickening, but thrilling crack, when my fist made contact with his nose. When his hands went to grab his face, I punched him in the gut, making him double over in pain.

Taking the pool stick from his grasp, I bent down so I was level with his face. I watched proudly as blood began streaming out of his nose and dripped onto the floor wooden floor like a leaky faucet.

"If you ever touch me with your nasty little fingers again, I'll kill you." I whispered quietly in his ear. 

I meant every word of it. I grabbed his nose between my fingers giving it a rough squeeze, and grinned evilly when he yelped.