Chapter 1

I DO NOT OWN ANY CHARACTERS FROM THE BOONDOCK SAINTS. THE ONLY CHARACTER I OWN IS RAYNE. IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED THE MOVIE, THIS BOOK MAY BE HARD TO FOLLOW.

PLEASE VOTE COMMENT AND FOLLOW... I'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU GUYS!!!

Catelynn

*******************************

"Fuck... ass!" Was the first thing I heard along with the sound of shattering glass as I walked into the small Irish bar by the name of McGinty's.

An small old man stood beside a table, looking down the dirtied floor where several broken beer bottles now lie shattered everywhere. He hadn't noticed me walk in, so I just stood there and watched him curiously for a moment.

Pulling off his glasses, he ran his tired, wrinkled fingers down his face before putting them back on. Next, he began looking around for something as he scratched the top of his head. I assumed he was trying to jog his memory. 

Looking to my left, I noticed a worn out broom and dust pan leaning against the wall and knew that was what he had to be searching for. I held in a giggle, biting my lip, and grabbed it before walking towards him.

"Looking for this?" I said making him jump in surprise. His eye's wide as saucers as they met my own.

"Fuck... Ass, y-y-you s-s-scared the sh-sh-shit outa' m-m-me." He stuttered as he covered his erratic beating heart. His accent was Irish and his face twitched like he had a tic. I smiled at him warmly, I think liked him already.

"I'm sorry." I apologized sincerely. "Do you need some help?" I didn't even bother letting him answer me before taking off my leather jacket, hanging it over a bar stool and then started sweeping up the broken brown glass.

"Th-th-th-thank ya' lass. N-n-names Doc." He said with a smile and I shook his hand before I began swishing the broom back and forth against the hardwood floors. 

He reminded me of my grandfather. Just by looking at him I could tell he was a kind man, funny, and he'd do anything for anyone if asked. I bet he was quite the character too when he started drinking. 

"Names Rayne. No need to thank me. I may actually be the one thanking you here in a moment." I said and I swept the last of the broken glass into the dust pan, the pieces jingling as they clattered against the black plastic.

"What c-c-c-can I d-do for ya' lass?" He asked and grabbed the dust pan from my hand, dumping its contents in a trash can behind the bar.

I let out a deep sigh. "I was wondering if you were hiring at the moment. I really need a job and I just moved here. I've been staying in some shitty motel for a week and I can't stand it any more! I need to find a job so I can get my own place. All the other places I've looked aren't hiring or won't hire me." I'm sure I sounded pathetic. I was practically begging him with my eyes to hire me.

 He looked at me for a brief moment, thinking it over.

"When c-c-can you s-s-start? Fuck... Ass..." He asked making my eyebrows shoot up in awe. 

"Today!" I replied excitedly, making him chuckle. I couldn't believe this.

"B-b-be back here at two th-th-thirty. S-s-so I can t-t-train ya'." I couldn't help myself, but I just had to hug him. He was surprised at first as my arms wrapped around his waist, but soon laughed and hugged me back tightly.

"Thanks, Doc." He just nodded with a smile and yelled Fuck Ass one last time as I walked back to get my leather jacket from the stool. 

I giggled lightly and shook my head. Hopefully was going to be a great start to a new life.