Chapter 5

****SEXUAL CONTENT*****

The alarm blasts in to my ear at six o'clock the next morning and I am nowhere near ready to wake up. But when was anyone ready to wake up.

Groaning loudly, I smack it with my fist, making it clatter to the floor. Getting up early is not something that comes easily for me. I was one of those people that loved to sleep and could sleep the day away if I was allowed. It didn't help that I was a night owl either.

My mom always wanted to pull her hair out almost every morning while I was in school. She said I was worse than a grizzly bear and she felt bad for the man I married. There were days where I'm positive I sounded like an angry bear when she made me get up.

After stumbling out of bed, I start a fresh pot of coffee and make sure to make enough for the guys too just in case they wanted some. I don't know when they are supposed to show up so I'm hoping I woke up early enough.

They always seem to show up whenever they feel necessary too and never let me know the exact time. I think they like seeing my hair in knots and sleep boogers in my eyes. They must find it so freaking funny. 

Turning on the hot water, I climb in the shower. It feels weird showering practically out in the open. The shower curtain I bought blocks the view from the door so if anyone were to walk in they can't see any nakedness. Still makes me feel vulnerable though. I was proudest of all when I managed to actually rig a curtain around the toilet as well. There was no way in hell I would let someone walk in and catch me pooping. That just wasn't cool.

By seven o'clock there was knocking on the door. My gut is already telling me that they are early since I had no idea what time they actually leave for work.

When they see that I'm dressed they both are surprised.

"Didn't think I'd actually give you guys a free show again did ya'?" I grin.

"We were hopin'." Murphy sighs disappointed and I just laugh. The perverts. They must have been wanting a show.

They both make there way over to my coffee pot and get themselves a cup. Something tells me that they are going to do this every morning if I work with them. Not that I really mind. It's nice to have the company in a way. It seems like after being alone for a week in a stinky hotel room had me pining for some companionship.

After the both of them convince me to make some eggs and toast, they make themselves a sandwich  with them and we make our way towards Nolands Meat Packing Plant.

The three of us are quiet besides the two of them chewing as they walk, which is just fine with me since I'm not a morning person and am in now way ready to makes small talk. I just want to smoke my cigarette in piece.

{*}

I scrunch my nose in disgust as I take in the smell of the plant. Bloody meat is not very appealing. All you can see is beef parts everywhere. Hanging from hooks, stuffed in bins, being cut up on tables with massive meat cleavers. I can hear the squish of the fresh meat as the cleaver hits the table with each slice.

Blood is splattered on just about everything. The employee's white smocks, the walls, the floors, and tables. I feel like I'm going to turn into a germophobe in this very moment and may never eat a burger again. 

I  just really hope they clean this place when they are done for the day. 

"Boss, this is Rayne. She needs a job." Connor states and I glare at him for making me feel like a complete idiot.

"I don't need a job. I want a job, jackass!" I hiss elbowing him in the ribs before crossing my arms over my chest. 

The boss whose name I learned was McGerkin, or that's what everyone called him, smiled at me.