Chapter 7

Lila 

The next morning, I wake up with a smile on my face.  I can’t wait to see Brandon today. I pick out a speckled tunic and button hem skinny jeans. Then I place them on my bed. After that, I go to take a shower.

When I come back, I get the feeling that something’s off. Then, I see it. There’s a hole in my tunic!

“Leila!” I yell furiously.

‘Yes Lils?” She calls sweetly from her room. Her tone of voice says it all. Of course she did it. That little prick. Luckily, I also have a plaid tunic. Although it’s not what I’d planned, it matches perfectly.

I grab my bag and make sure all my books are inside. Then I pick up my tunic and put it in my parents’ room to get fixed. I’ll think of a way to get back at Leila but right now, I’ve got to hurry so I can see Brandon.  My friend Lindsay Foristell is supposed to pick me up and we’ll head to the football field to see the end of the team’s early morning practice. I grab a granola bar and head out the door. My mother had to rush to her restaurant to help fix the mistake of one of her employees and my father is at work so the house is empty except for the she-devil herself.

When Lindsay pulls up in her silver Subaru I climb in.

“Hey Linds,” I say and buckle my seat belt.

“How was your date Lil?” She asks as she pulls out of the driveway.

“Great!” I say when the memory of last night’s magical date comes to mind. “Brandon kissed me! Can you believe it?”

Lindsay squeals and turns a corner. “Oh my gosh! He did? You are so lucky. Brandon is so hot! But of course he isn’t as hot as Jason.” She smiles referring to her steady boyfriend. She then begins to prattle on about her date last night with Jason. I’m not really listening but I nod in all the right places and she thinks I am.