An Unknown Love. Part 21

Hey guys :) how's everyone doing? I think this one is a little bit longer. But I write on my phone, so it's hard to guess sometimes. But hopefully it is :)

So I've not got much to say. I went into school to give the teacher that tutored me his present. And at the end of our conversation I was like I'll see you in August. But in my head I was like I can't wait that long haha! I already miss him :(

Anyway I'll let you get to the chapter. I hope it isn't too bad. I've never written a chapter like this before. So hopefully you like it :)

Please Vote Comment and Become a Fan (Follower). Like my Facebook Page and Follow me on Twitter :)

Video on the side is one of my favourite bands :) I love Imagine Dragons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

"Say something Roxy. I can't bear to have you sit there in silence." My dad stood up and sat on the sofa in front of me.

"What am I suppose to say dad?" I asked tears filling up my eyes. My dad sighed and placed his hand on my knee. "What am I suppose to say when you find out your dad, the person you trust the most and is basically your best friend tells you he's got cancer?" Tears left my eyes as I finished talking. My mum was sitting in the corner quietly crying. While my dad was looking at me, his eyes showing concern.

"I don't want you to bottle all of your emotions up, Sweetheart. I want you to talk to me." He pleaded trying to control his voice.

"I don't know dad." I sniffed and wiped under my eyes. "Does Max and Emily know?"

"We told them when we told my parents. That's what the dinner was for." He sighed and looked up at me.

"So why didn't you tell me to come?" I felt guilty for going out with Hartley now.

"You were so excited to go out tonight that we didn't want to ruin it. And you looked so happy when you came in after."

"But this is more important dad." I shouted slightly standing up. "I should've been here with you, when you needed your family, not out worrying whether a guy is going to ask you be his girlfriend." I looked down at the bracelet Hartley gave me with guilt. "I was getting gifts," I said raising my wrist. "Instead of being with my family. You should have told me you wanted me there." By now the tears were flowing down my face.

"I'm sorry for not making you stay, but I wanted you to go have fun. The next few months are going to be hard on all of us." My dad stood up and rubbed my arms. I pulled away and held my hands up.

"I need to go think." I left the living room and grabbed my keys. My parents didn't stop me as I left the house. I jogged to my car and quickly got into the drivers side. As soon as I was in my head dropped to the steering wheel and I sobbed. I can't believe my dad has cancer. I controlled my tears and started the car. I drove away, not sure where I was going.

*

By the time the car had stopped I only then realised that I had driven to Hartley's place. I looked at the building wiping under my eyes. I really hope he doesn't mind me coming over. I got out of the car and walked into the building. Before I started going out on dates with Hartley, I probably would've gone to Jade's house and called Jessie to come over. But I guess this time I just really wanted Hartley.

I wiped under my eyes as I walked out of the elevator. I walked up to Hartley's door and knocked it. I folded my arms across my chest and looked down at my feet. The door opened to reveal a pair of feet with odd socks on. If it was any other time, I would've laughed. "Rox?" Hartley asked confused. I looked up at him as some tears left my eyes. "What's wrong?" He grabbed my arm and pulled me into his apartment.