An Unknown Love. Part 12

Hey :) How is everyone? Hope you're all okay :)
I'm going to be honest, I don't know how uploads are going to go over the next few weeks. I've got exams I've got to concentrate on. So uploads may not be that frequent. But I'll try :)
Other than that, I've not got anything else to say really. I hope you enjoy this chapter :)
Please Vote Comment and Become a Fan (Follower). Also Like my Facebook Page and Follow e on Twitter. All the links are on my page. And please recommend me to friends as well :D I'd really appreciate any of what I just asked :P
Picture on the side is Mr Hartley :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER TWELVE

'How come you're not in Maths?' Jessie asked exactly what I knew he was going to ask. You would think he could get through one lesson without me. But clearly he can't. 

'I'm sorting something out. I'll probably not be in Maths. Are you in a free next?' I put my phone in my pocket to make sure any teachers walking past wouldn't take it off me. 

"Roxanne," the Headmaster said in a cheery voice. "Sorry to keep you waiting." 

I stood up and followed him into his office. "Are we in trouble or is this just a friendly visit?" He shut the door after me, before walking around his desk. Mr James is actually a really nice guy and a great Headmaster. He's laid back with everyone and will help you with anything. But he's really strict when he needs to be. He really is a good Headmaster. 

"Of course I'm not in trouble. I haven't added to my detentions yet." I smiled innocently sitting down opposite him. He chuckled, leaning back in his chair. 

"I'm not to thrilled at the fact that you said 'yet'." He said shaking his head. "So what can I do for you?" 

I let out a breath, running a hand through my hair. This might be quite tough. "I was talking to Mr Jones about moving Maths classes. But he said I needed permission from you to move. So that's what I'm here for." I gave him a slight smile, hoping he would let me. He sighed and leant forward against his desk. That's not a good sign. 

"Roxanne, it's January. You have exams in four months. You have internal exams at the end of this month." He emphasised the internal exams. Some crap about preparing you for the real thing. "I really don't want you moving classes with so little time left before exams. Changing classes is really unsettling. I know you don't get on with Mr Hartley." He gave me a pointed look. And this caused me to laugh slightly. But he was smirking do I don't think he was too serious. I've been in this office a few times because of what has happened with Mr Hartley. "But why do you want to move? Because its not because of your grades. As far as I remember your sitting on ABB. Is that right?"

"AAB," I said sheepishly. I just hated saying my grades out loud to someone. I really don't like it. 

"So A in Geography and History and a B in Maths. I really don't see why you want to move. You're doing really well. I would put three years salary on that desk right now," he said putting his finger on his desk. "To say that you'll get all five offers from the universities you applied for." 

"It's sort of because we don't get along. Every lesson we end up arguing about something. And I don't understand it this year. So maybe having a different teacher that teaches it differently will help me understand it." The start of that probably wasn't the best excuse, but the ending was pretty good.

"But if Mr Hartley thought you were struggling, he would've spoken to me about it. He must be happy with your quality of work. I really don't want to let you move so close to the exams. You've had Mr Hartley for nearly two years now so you're used to his methods." He really isn't going for this idea. And I've only got one more angle to come from. 

"If it doesn't help then it'll be on my shoulders. I'll take full responsibility for it. I'm eighteen, I should be able to make my own decisions and deal with the consequences." That's the last argument I had. But adults like that sort of thing, don't they? Where you show your 'maturity' and willing to take responsibility for your decisions. Mr James sighed and nodded. But before I got too excited he spoke. 

"I'm not saying its a definite yes. I'll think about it and let you know by Wednesday at the latest."

I smiled and nodded. "Thank you Sir." At least he said he'd think about it. 

"You're just as stubborn as my wife. You never give up," he laughed shaking his head. I smiled and shrugged. I'm stubborn, so what? "So how's Jade doing?" He seriously asked sitting back in his chair. And as you might have guessed, the guilt built up within me. Ben and Jessie did well over the weekend to stop me from thinking about it. But it was always in the back of my mind. 

"I'm going up after school today. I haven't been there since Friday. But Jessie said she's improving." I could tell there was a slight frown in my face bit I didn't care. 

"I'm glad to hear that. I'm sure she'll be back in no time." He offered with a small smile. "But don't let things get on top of you. I know it'll be difficult. Especially after being there when it happened. If you or Jessie need anything just give someone a shout."

I smiled and nodded at him. I was about to ask to leave, but the bell for next class beat me to it. "Right I'll speak to you soon. But don't think it's an automatic yes." He stood up with me and walked over to the door. 

"I wouldn't dream of it," I said sarcastically. He smiled opening the door. "I'll see you later Sir," I said leaving his office.

"See you Roxanne," he called after me. Walking down the corridor, I took a deep breath. I still find it really difficult dealing with what happened to Jade. Taking my phone out, my eyes teared up slightly. I opened the message from Jessie, wiping under my eyes. 

'I need to hand in PE coursework but I'll meet you in the common room.' 

I sent a quick okay before putting my phone back on my pocket. I just want to go home. 

~

"So where did you disappear to?" Jessie asked as he sat down opposite me on the sofas in the common room. I took a sip of my coffee tucking my feet underneath me. The common room was quite busy this period and the noise was doing my head in. All I could hear was Haley and the rest of the bimbos talking about the last fling or something. 

"I was talking to Mr James about moving Maths classes."

"Did you not go to Mr Jones?" He asked resting his temple on his fist. 

"Yeah but he said I needed Mr James' permission first because it's so late in the year." To be honest, if I want to change classes I should be allowed to do it. I shouldn't have to asked people's permission. 

"And what did he say? Surely he'd move you because you're always arguing with Mr Hartley." Jessie can see where I'm coming from so why can't Mr James?

"He said he'd think about it. I tried that way first but he wasn't having any of it. I wanted to tell him I want to move because Mr Hartley's a dick and needs to leave me the hell alone. But I thought better of it," I smirked at him making him laugh. 

"I'm surprised you didn't say that. What else did you say?"

I shook my head taking another sip of my coffee. "Not a lot else really. Just that maybe having a different teacher will help me understand it better. Then some crap about being eighteen and taking responsibility for the decision. I thought he'd like all that shit about responsibility." I never take responsibility for anything. Good or bad. I just try and weasel my way out of it. 

"Do you know your language is appalling?" He said shaking his head. I do swear quite a bit, but that's just who I am. 

"Is Roxanne here?" Someone said behind me. I looked over my shoulder and saw Mr Hartley beside a girl from my year. 

"Shit," as I saw her shake her head I lay down on the sofa. 

"Yeah just pretend you're sleep that'll do it." Jessie joked as if it was a good plan. I rolled onto my side and cover my face with my arms. I heard Jessie laughing which isn't helping. Mr Hartley might buy that I'm sleeping and guess Jessie is just being an idiot and laughing to himself. But who was I kidding? I heard him sigh from the edge of the sofa. 

"Roxanne, go next door to the workroom." He said impatiently. "I'm really not stupid enough to fall for that."

I sighed and put my arms down. "You could've fooled me," I mumbled sitting up. 

"Don't even start. I'm really not in the mood for an attitude." He's such a douche bag. He gets on like a hormonal teenage girl. 

"I didn't even do anything. If you're not in the mood then you shouldn't have come here and wasted my time." I stood up moving my coffee from the floor to the window ledge. 

"Just stop being a brat and get to the bloody workroom!" He shouted before leaving. Yeah, definitely a douche. And he made the room go quiet so everyone had their attention on me. 

"You're so going to push him over the edge and make him quit."

I looked over at Haley and shrugged. "Like I give a shit. He's a dickhead anyway," I shrugged off my blazer and set it on the sofa. 

"The only good thing about him leaving is the fact he can finally ask me out without getting in trouble." Her and the bimbos all giggled to themselves. What idiots. 

"I'll be sure to tell him about all the STDs you're going to give him from all the other guys you've slept with." As I left the room Haley called me a bitch and people were giggling. It felt good throwing insults at Haley. All those times where she says stuff to me and I just ignore her. But once in a while I'll get a random dig at her. 

I turned the corner and the door to the workroom was already open. I stepped inside and waited for Mr Hartley to look away from the computer screen. What idiot tells me to come here and then just looks at the computer? "Close the door," he said simply. 

"A please would be nice," I mumbled kicking the door stop away.

"Yeah well you don't deserve one."

I chose to ignore him while closing the door. "Why are you trying to move classes?" He asked as I walked to the middle of the room. I was hoping Mr James wouldn't tell him I wanted to move. But ultimately I knew he would say something.

"Because I don't understand it. So having a different teacher might make it easier to understand." 

"You don't understand it because you don't try. If you try you might find you actually understand it." He's definitely in a bad mood. 

"I do try, I just don't understand it because you're an awful teacher." I can get personal if he wants to get personal. I actually want to do well in my exams. So if he's going to start on me about it, then I'll do the exact same. 

"It's all down to you. Everyone else is sitting on As and Bs. Some might even get A*s. But you, even with your B last year you're looking at a C possibly D. So don't you dare stand there and say I'm an awful teacher." He said leaning on the desk. "If I was an awful teacher there would be more people than you struggling. There’s a reason why you aren’t getting the grade you want. You don’t hand in homework on time, that’s if I even get them, you don’t work in class, you don’t revise and your attitude towards the work and in class just generally stinks.” He listed them off using his fingers.

“I do give you them.” I said shaking my head with a frown.

“Are you sure about that?” He asked with raised eyebrows. I folded my arms across my chest and nodded. “Right let’s see then,” he turned to the computer. He started moving and clicking his mouse. “Come and look at this.”

I sighed and walked around his desk. I looked at the computer screen to see a spread sheet with the names of my class. “First month I got every homework I asked for. Then after that I started getting a few. There are more blank spaces beside your name than there are results.” He was right but whatever. I shrugged walking around his desk again. “That’s the exact attitude I’m talking about. You just don’t care about doing the work. That shows by the fact you don’t hand it in and when you do, it’s really poor.” He sat forward and folded his arms on the table.

“That’s because I don’t understand it!” I shouted frustrated.

“Don’t shout at me Roxanne.”

“No because you’re annoying me. You know I don’t understand it but you still have a go at me.” I hate getting frustrated. Especially because he was annoying me.

“The amount of times I said that I’d help you but you never use it. I’ve told you numerous times that I’ll help you in your study periods, at lunch or after school. But not once have you come to talk to me about it. I’m making the effort; it’s you who’s not making the effort.”

I sighed running a hand through my hair. “Whatever, I still want to move classes anyway. I’d rather have a better teacher.”

“Well the way you’re getting on now you don’t deserve passing the exam. You’re getting on like an absolute selfish brat. I offer to help you and you throw it back in my face. From now on you’re on you own.” He said really pissed off now.

“That’s what I’ve been doing since you’re no bloody help. You’re just useless,” I headed towards the door and opened it.

“Roxanne, will you stop walking out when I’m talking to you!” He shouted to call me back.

“Well if you didn’t talk absolute bullshit then I might have a conversation with you. This whole bloody school is bloody bullshit.” I continued walking around to the common room even when he was shouting my name. I pushed the door open, making it bounce off the wall.

“Do you guys like shouting at each other?”

I gave Jessie a look to shut up. He smirked holding his hands up. “He’s an idiot that needs to get out of my face.” I grabbed my coffee and headed out of the common room.

What an absolute dickhead. He needs someone to punch him in the face. I would do it myself, but I don’t want to get suspended from school. “Miss Smith, what are you doing wandering the corridors?”

I looked up the staircase to my left and saw Mr Hunter walking down them. “Mr Hartley’s just getting on my nerves again.”

He laughed shaking his head. “I should’ve known it.” He stepped off the stairs and started walking down the corridor with me. “What happened this time?”

“Don’t even go there,” I let out a long sigh. “I just really can’t be bothered today. I want to go home really.” I glanced up at him to see him looking at the ground nodding his head.

“Just think, four months and you’re out of this place. You'll never have to face us again." He nudged my shoulder laughing. 

"I wish it was sooner," I said glumly. He sighed putting his hands in his pockets. 

"It'll be over before you know it. Are you going anywhere in particular?" He asked stopping by his room. I turned to look at him and shook my head. "Do you want to go over that test I got you guys to do first period? I'm not trying to make you even more annoyed, but it wasn't great." He offered me a small smile, but I just groaned and tilted my head back. 

"Do we have to do this now?" I complained looking back down at him. 

"We'll do it tomorrow if you stay behind after class. I'm going over it briefly in class, but not in too much detail. I think you'll benefit from going over most of the questions and seeing how to get full marks. So after class tomorrow?" He compromised, but I still wasn't that happy. 

"But that means I have to stay after school." 

He shrugged, folding his arms across his chest. "I don't care, you'll benefit from it. It won't take long; about half an hour. So do we have a deal?" He tried confirming again with his hand extended. I smiled and nodded. 

"Fine," I reached out and shook his hand. "I better not die of boredom." 

He laughed shaking his head. "You definitely won't. So I'll see you tomorrow." He said walking to his door.

"See you later," I called walking back to the common room. I hate school. 

~

I opened the door to the common room, dragging myself through the room. "What did you do to piss him off this time loser?" Haley bitched as I walked past her. 

"Fuck off," I ignored her question walking over to Jessie. 

"Miss Smith!" Mr Hartley said walking through. I didn't even see him walking through. "Friday detention," he looked through his papers before pulling something out. When he held it out I recognised it as a Friday DT form. 

"You actually keep them with you?" I retorted to him. 

"No I had to get more because I handed all mine out to you. You'd be surprised how often you get on like a brat."

"Awesome," I sarcastically smiled while snatching the paper off him. "I'm not doing two detentions for that!" I complained, seeing two forms. 

"You're getting one for what you said to me earlier." He explained the second detention. "You're lucky I'm not telling Mr James about how you've acted."

I tutted, walked past him and down the row of chairs to Jessie. I threw the sheets on the chair, before falling onto the chairs on my chest. Mr Hartley muttered something before walking off. 

"Asshole," I said once the door closed. Knowing my luck he would have heard that too. 

I really hope Mr James lets me move classes.