An Unknown Love. Part 14

Hey guys, hope everyone is okay :) I'm sorry the messages and uploads haven't really been happening on here, but I'm in the middle of my exams so I'm a little bit busy. But I've been trying to use Facebook and twitter to keep up with you guys. So you should go and like me or follow me. And I hope everyone who's doing exams are finding that they're going okay. Mines haven't really and I'm avoiding my geography teacher :P And I'm ignoring my ass if a business teacher again. Someone kill him. but getting away from that.

I really hope you enjoy this one. There are chapters coming up which I think you'll like :)

Please Vote Comment and Become a Fan (Follower) Like my Facebook Page and Follow me on Twitter :)

Enjoy! And the song on the side :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"How'd your results go?" Jessie asked as we walked into Maths. Smart ass got two As and two Bs.

"Not very good. I got a C in History and Geography and a really low D in Maths." I'm not even a little bit okay with those results, even if they were only mock exams we did in January.

Admittedly I didn't really revise for them. Mainly because I've been too worried about Jade. The doctors found damage to her muscles in her legs, so she basically had to learn how to walk again. She's gotten a lot better, because she's now back at school, but walking in crutches. But every time I see her, it makes me feel worse. I did that do her.

"Right guys," Mr Hartley interrupted my thoughts from the front of the room. "On the whole I was very pleased with the results. So well done you should be proud of yourselves."

Jessie looked over at me and smirked. I rolled my eyes looking away from him. "But some of you still need to do the work. Not drastic work, because you're on Bs. I'm pretty happy with that for now. For those who didn't get at least a C, you need to talk to me at the end of the period. And those who feel like they didn't do as well as they should have." He was looking at me; and I didn't even have to be looking at him to know that. "For now, I just want you to get on with the questions you were doing yesterday." He walked over to his desk and sat down, leaving us to get on with our work. Thankfully Mr Hartley has been pretty much ignoring me for the past three weeks.

~~~

I was sitting in a Friday detention when he walked into the library. Lucky for me he doesn't take the detentions anymore. He walked up to the teacher and started talking to her. She nodded and he stood up. Seeing him scanning the room, I put my head down and went back to my Geography work. "Can you go across to the counsellor's office please?" He whispered kneeling beside me. "I need to speak to you."

I stopped writing and looked at him. Understanding the look on his face, telling me I had no option, I sighed and stood up. I walked around him and headed towards the door. I could see Haley glaring at me from the corner of my eye. Even though he said to ignore Mr Hartley, I decided to take Mr James' advice for Haley too. I flung the library door open, before dragging myself into the counsellor's office. I sat down on the chair, waiting for Hartley. He shut the door, walking over to the desk.

"I'm really sorry about what I said on Monday. I shouldn't have been so harsh." He apologised, sitting down on the desk. "If I had known that you were worrying about Jade, I wouldn't have said that." As he said that I felt a lump develop in my throat. "If that's affecting your school work, you shoul-"

I cut him off before he could finish. "Don't. This has nothing to do with Jade. Jade didn't make me decide to move classes." I let out a breath, running a hand through my hair.

"Sarky you can talk to me. I know we don't exactly get on, but I want to make sure you're okay. I'm sure if you put aside the reason you don't like me, we can sort out this stuff. Is it because you still feel responsible for what happened to Jade?" He really doesn't understand when to let something go. I groaned and stood up.