So Alone: Secret Existence (A Harry Potter Fanfic) (Watty Awards 2011)

“No, I can’t believe Hagrid would do that,” I objected the next day as we all talked.

“I agree with Sky, Hagrid may like his creatures but he’d never kill anyone.” Hermione said.

Ron and Harry also agreed it was unlikely, but we had no other leads. We decided to leave it alone since there were no more attacks. Slowly but surely things went back to normal.

Soon it was time for second years to pick our new subjects; it’s a bit like electives. They all sounded interesting to both me and Hermione so we went to Professor McGonagall. She said there was a way to take them all and not to worry about it she’d explain next year.

One day we got to the dormitory to find both of our dorms had been searched. There was only one small invaluable thing missing, the diary. We told Hermione as she pre-read a book for next year.

The next day we hear the voice again, we were going to get food before a quidditch game. Hermione dashed off muttering about understanding something. We got out to the pitch when McGonagall announced the game was cancelled and took Ron, Harry, and I to the hospital wing. Hermione and another girl had been petrified.

“She had this with her; does it mean anything to you?” She asked holding a mirror. We all shook our heads.

“We shouldn’t have left her alone,” I whispered. “We knew the monster was out again and it wanted blood. I should have gone with her.”

“Then you’d be petrified too, and you’re our only hope of figuring this out,” Harry said. “We need to pay a visit to Hagrid.”

“Tonight,” I whispered.

That night the three of us snuck out to see Hagrid. “Who’s there?” He called out.

“It’s us Hagrid,” I said pulling off the cloak.

“What are you lot doing here? Come in, come in,” Hagrid told us.

I looked up at his worried face and caught his eye, “Hagrid we need to talk.”

“Have you heard about Hermione?” Harry asked.

He nodded, “It’s horrible.”

“Hagrid someone told us you opened the Chamber last time, we need the truth. We’ll still stand by you, but please tell us,” I said as a new knock sounded on the door. We all hid as Dumbledore and a new man came in.

“That’s dad’s boss, the minister of magic Cornelius Fudge,” Ron hissed.

“It’s a real shame you know, but the pressure. Something must be done,” Fudge said.

I realized what he was saying, “They’re going to take Hagrid away.”

“Where are you taking me? Not Azkaban,” Hagrid said.

“I’m very sorry Hagrid, terrible business.” Fudge said.

Dumbledore spoke, “I’m allowing this but I want it known that Hagrid has my full confidence.”

Then Malfoy’s dad entered. “Get out of my house!” Hagrid told him.

 “You call this a house? I have no desire to be here, I’m here for Dumbledore. I have an order of suspension signed by all twelve governors.” Malfoy said.

“No,” Hagrid objected, “With him gone there’ll be an attack a day.”

“Don’t worry; I will always only truly have left this school when none here are loyal to me.” He said. “Help will always be given at Hogwarts to those who ask for it” Then they left

Hagrid spoke to us, “Someone will need to feed Fang. And if anyone wanted to find out some stuff all they’d have to do would be to follow the spiders.” With that we were alone. And I’d never felt so alone and defenseless since before I came to Hogwarts.

****************************************************************************************************

I didn't like this chapter. It's all depressing and stuff. But it is a second upload in two days. so be thankful.

I"ll upload when I get 30 otes and comments, no exceptions.

My questions repeat from last chapter. How do you feel about me changing the story and should I rewrite the sorcerer's stone in a seperate story group.